The STOCK Profiles through a Poweramp/Cab

• Plug your Kemper into a tube poweramp and guitar cab, play the stock Profiles LOUD...they are fantastic.

I've read a few complaints and moans and groans about Peter Fischers Bogner Ecstacy Profiles, amongst others.
    Well, try those Ecstacy Profiles through the setup I suggest and they'll blow your mind...so will the Gibson Goldstone (Goldie), the Matchless (The Chief), the Trainer (Traynor)...with cabs off through a poweramp/ cab.

Btw, the poweramp/cab (Marshall 20/20 EL84) blew away a set of QSC K10s, two different worlds.

Just sayin... :)

[Blocked Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img707/8818/img00743201209221248.jpg]

• This is definitely on my list of things to do today! Need to give the headphone thing a break.....and see what the kemper sounds like through a cab. :)

• Isn't an amp and cab going to color the sound of any profile passed through it? I'm not saying the Kemper with a real amp or cab wouldn't sound good, but every amp and cab has it's own sonic signature.

Would you get the same sound if you profiled a Marshall 20/20 with a real Bogner, Matchless, etc?

It seems like a FRFR setup would give you a closer approximation of what the profiled amp and cab actually sound like, for better or worse.

I use studio monitors with a matched subwoofer, and couldn't be happier. If you have a tube amps and cabs laying around, why not give it a try, though.

• When using a poweramp/cab, you use Monitor Out & your Kemper cabinets must be OFF, you eliminate the mike and cab used when the original Profile was made.
    Yes, the poweramp/cab colours the original Profile, but the new colour is awesome.
    When you hear the Kemper blasted through a real poweramp (Solid State or tubes), & cabinet, you realise the Kemper is an amp, it sounds and feels just like a tube amp...you can fool anyone into thinking it has tubes in it.
    FRFR monitors also sound great, but they don't have the fire of real guitar speakers being pushed.

We played various tube amps in that amp room yesterday, a few Marshalls, a Mesa Boogie LSS, a Stilleto, and a few others, when we switched to the Kemper/poweramp/cab there was no difference, many of the stock Profiles sounded just like real amps.
    One difference, none of the guitarists standing around listening could afford to own a Bogner Ecstasy, or Gibson Goldtone, or Buddha, or Fuchs ODS.
    They were amazed, they shook their heads in disbelief.

• 100 % Lance !
    (it seems I've miss that Kemper session at TOM's ?)
    Can you imagine when I put Kemper through hand wired 50 W (made by JP Le Roux , South Africa ) amp and 150 W of pure Mesa Cab power ?
    That thing is not only LOUD , that things HAS a soul and fantastic sound, somewhere between best Marshall and best Mesa tone .
    Of course , without attenuation (attenuator made by JP as well) I will broke my glass doors and windows. 8)
    And yes , each profiled amp get colored by JP head and mesa cab .
    I like that , because that setup becomes kinda bewitched , transforming it self from Morgan AC20 deluxe to Mesa Mark V 8) , but still trying to keep its own soul .
    Cherry on the top is natural feedback I get (which I like so much , and use a lot)
    That's why I'will keep it .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• Yes, the poweramp/cab colours the original Profile, but the new colour is awesome.
    When you hear the Kemper blasted through a real poweramp (Solid State or tubes), & cabinet, you realise the Kemper is an amp, it sounds and feels just like a tube amp...you can fool anyone into thinking it has tubes in it.
    FRFR monitors also sound great, but they don't have the fire of real guitar speakers being pushed.

+1000

I use KPA from the beginning in a similar way, using preamp only profiles (no power amp, no cab) with my power amps and cabs and the sound is simply awesome.
    For this reason I have asked to the "features request" of this forum preamp-power amp separation,inside the AMP section of KPA.
    Because this is not possible yet,I send the same signal , with power amp & cab simulation from the Torpedo Live or CAB to PA, so there's no need to mic my cab.

• Yep, at TOMS on Saturday morning...where were you? :D
    Gavin was playing the guitar, lots of guys standing around and all agreeing, it sounded, unbelievable. :thumbup:

• LOUD is the only way to play guitar imo. Thanks to human hearing, profiles done at loud volumes do not sound as 'punchy' when you play them at low volume. Just turn that sucker up. Now turn it up more!

Ser :thumbup:

• I'm planning on buying a power amp to try this too, but I'm prepared that if I'm using say a 12" open back cab. that it will not sound like a Marshall stack.....same goes for using a Marshall 4 x 12" cab. while playing thru a Kemper profile of the little 62 Kay or a 57 tweed Champ. but it has to be better than going thru studio monitors with the leetle tweeters fizzing away at you.