MIDI to control main output volume

• Midi cc#7 controls the same as you would use a Volume Pedal. Or when you use midi cc#1 instead of a "real" wah pedal, let's you control wah wah in you DAW.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• So if I wanted to use a volume pedal (expression pedal) as midi i use CC#7 - but if I then wanted to just say put a small boost on a pedal just to increase the overall volume for a solo would that be possible using CC#7 ?

I’m after a boost switch without using a module/fx block

• When you want to have a volume boost via the volume pedal or in your case via midi cc#7 then you have to go to the Rig page and use the parameter in the picture. Here you can also set the different spot's where the volume pedal should be affect the sound.

For a whole explanation check the manual "Volumenpedal Location".

• so ..... a good solo boost without the use of a block or external boost - seems to work

RE: Clean Boost Method">Clean Boost Method

i'm using `Ampero Midi control and sending

to get back to -12 dB

CC 99 129

CC 98 0

CC 6 63

CC 38 127

and sending the following to reduce the volume (as in the example by a couple of dB -15.6dB)

CC 99 129

CC 98 0

CC 6 45 ( CC 6 63) will increase to -9dB

CC 38 0 ( CC 38 127) will increase to -9dB

other than the Ampero has to have a press on the switch when things change - think its junk and i'll end up gutting it and replacing the innards :) with an Arduino or ESP32 with DIY code for my needs.

now what else can i play with

steve

:) :) :) love the kemper :) :) :)

• sorry for all the dumb questions and such I’m totally new to Kemper - thanks for the patience

Don't worry man. Glad you have fun with your Kemper and get things to run.

Next? Have you played with the Distortion Sens parameter in the input section? Very powerful thing, especially when you start with Kemper and audition new profiles.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X