My new profile is much louder

• Hey all

I just created a profile of my Fishman Loudbox Artist and it sounds fantastic! However, it is much louder than many other similar profiles I've downloaded or purchased.

Does anyone know why this is the case? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Some of volume comes from the CABINET/IR. Did the Kemper create a CAB when it did the profile. A lot of times if the profile is very clean, the Kemper will not decipher a cab from the data.

A standard full range IR (LEFT) is a fast pulse with full volume of 1.0 and it never goes below 0.

An IR with some low freq removal (RIGHT) will have a sinusoidal shape that quickly rises and then goes below 0. This low freq removal also forces the IR to be quieter than a standard IR.

The IR values are all multiplied and summed with your guitar signal when playing. So the negative going dips reduce the overall volume.

There are also instances where the IR oscillates a lot and you get a lot of sinusoidal values. And these sometimes come out much louder then the single pulse IR.

The amount of low bass in the IR also tends to add to its apparent volume.

I usually have the reverse happen when doing clean profiles. Mine are super quiet. So who knows :)

• I think people adjust the Rig Volume of their Profile to match the output level of a similar type Rig in the Factory Content, and Store the Edited version of the Profile for sharing/sales.

I can adjust this to match similar output levels, but I am curious why the new rig was created being much louder than other ones I am using.

Thanks

• Thank you - I checked and there is no cabinet in the rig, so this is not the case as to why the profile is so loud.

I did turn the volume down in the rig settings, but I'm not sure how the profile was created so loud when others I look at and use are not as loud as the one I created.

Thanks

Edited once, last by kboatman ().