Profiler Player unusable on Windows without ASIO4ALL?

• You should tick the -12db option on the output menu when using an interface that has automatic mic pres. in fact for the Focusrite I would use XLR to 1/4” AND -12db to avoid overloading the inputs. The Kemper outs are pretty hot. Having said that, I used to use my Kemper Head into a Focusrite Saffire Pro interface and the analog signal was indistinguishable from the SPDIF signal. I now use a MOTU iltralite and both the XLR > XLR and XLR > 1/4” sound just as good as SPDIF. I have used the USB audio on both the Player and Head and they work well (although the latency is a bit worse than via the MOTU. However, for convenience I prefer to stick with using my MOTU for everything so the USB audio isn’t a big deal either way.

I did grab an XLR -> 1/4" today and I was able to run that into the scarlett and compare against the heaphone output. In order to get the same tone out of my monitors I had to disable the pad, but I already knew where my gain was so that helped avoid potentially blowing something out. The pre definitely seems disabled when not using XLR and that should be the behavior.

I think I'm just going to try out a motu m4 next and maybe upgrade my mackie big knob so i can always have an output to my speakers. For the moment I have everything good enough and it's been a good time playing.

I think even as just a replacement for a tube amp/pedal platform this is going to be the best purchase I've made.

• Earlier focusrite scarletts were known to have gain problems IIRC. Bin it.

This seems to be a consensus. I've found a couple other threads where people have had issues. It's doing something to the gain. I think you can turn off the autogain feature in the 4th gen 4i4 and above but I still would just rather have a line option.

• This seems to be a consensus. I've found a couple other threads where people have had issues. It's doing something to the gain. I think you can turn off the autogain feature in the 4th gen 4i4 and above but I still would just rather have a line option.

I've got an audient ID22, the preamps are stellar but can be bypassed with 2 line ins / line outs. . I think the newer models can do this too.

Haven't tried Motu but heard good things about their gear :thumbup:

• Hi, Scarlett 6i6 rev 2 here, the following might apply.

A front input combines XLR and T(R)S plug formats into one hole.

Front XLR expects mic level. In my case hardwired through the mic preamps.

Front 1/4" TS or TRS is for line level stuff.

TRS (balanced/symmetric/3-wire) has all the shielding etc. benefits of XLR, just with a different physical plug format.

Hope this gets you sorted, cheers,

Shred