Pedal Steel volume pedal in front of Kemper??? Stupid Idea?

• So I use a Kemper and remote foot controller with my Strat & Acoustic guitars - all good and happy. (Side note I'm wireless with the KP right at the back of the stage hooked into the desk)

I want to introduce my pedal steel but can't really use the floor controller - mainly space and floor real estate

So for switching to PS during a set I'm thining of running the PS into something like a Hilton Volume pedal - then pluggin my Senheiser Radio transmitter into the VP output

Pedal Steel -----Cable----> Volume Pedal ----Wireless Trans----> Wireless Receiver ----Cable------>Desk

My controler is obvs Cat5 from kemper to foot controller

I can't fit the Kemper under the pedal steel really - plus also I sing so for most of the set it would be in the way anyway

Plus also I'd look like I was knitting a cardigan

Anyone doing anything similar and / or have a better idea?

--Side note - Any way I can plug the external BVP into the floor controller somehow ? I usedf to have a loop cable and to kick in an external Way in that way but it was so noisy I gave up and just stayed with the Mission Pedals

Or SI suppose I could get another missioin pedal and a long lead and call it an extra volume in the PD patches but it seems a shame to not use a really nice VP

Feel I've overcomplicated everthig - Help anyone ?

Thanks in advance ...

• You could try something like this..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HNH7XG3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I use one to run a single guitar into 5 amps but it will also allow you to run 5 instruments into a single amp. each channel has an on off switch so when you change from Strat or Acoustic you would switch off the guitar channel and switch the PSG on.

How this would work with a Hilton VP, I don't know, I use a Goodrich VP with my PSG and it doesn't seem to like wireless units in passive or active mode. At least not the wireless unit I have. Have you tried running the Hilton wireless with the Sennheiser?

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

Edited once, last by Edward Dixon ().

• It will be also influenced by your Volume Pedal. I changed from Passive Ernie Ball with 500k pot to Lehle Mono Volume 90 for my PSG. Not the cheapest, but in this matter really one will fit all. It works with acoustic guitars as well as with Electric Guitar and Pedal Steel. The a.m. switch from Ed will merge your different inputs in front of the amp.

zuviel thread macht blead

• Thanks Bryan. Plus thanks for the rig exchange profiles, you’ve got some nice things going on there.

I’m probably stuck with an XP pedal for practicality though I know it will be inferior to a decent Hilton etc

• It will be also influenced by your Volume Pedal. I changed from Passive Ernie Ball with 500k pot to Lehle Mono Volume 90 for my PSG. Not the cheapest, but in this matter really one will fit all. It works with acoustic guitars as well as with Electric Guitar and Pedal Steel. The a.m. switch from Ed will merge your different inputs in front of the amp.

I’m also considering the lehle versus the DVP 5. Just so annoyed by having to power the L!!

• I’ll keep you posted. I might make some breakout box for the RJ45 to feed both the remote and Lehle

From Lehle support

Code
    Could is feasible be powered by say a high output USB power pack ?

In theory this can work.

Cheers

Joki

Lehle GmbH | Joachim -Joki- Schaller

Support

Grenzstr. 153 | D-46562 Voerde/ Germany

Tel +49 2855 850070

Code
    Also. -   Why is it powered - it’s a pain to have it present a psu at front of stage 

The DUAL EXPRESSION pedal is a high end device, with sensors, digital potentiometers, microcontroller and so on. There's a built in computer.

Btw.: your Kemper remote has a Cat5 cable going over the stage right?

I don't see a problem to provide power for the LEHLE as well.

Joki