How can I connect my Kemper stage with my Android Tablet to use the Rig Manager?

• Hello,

When I connect my kemper stage with my anrdoid tablet (I use the white wire with an usb adapter to micro usb) the only thing that happends is "searching for profilers...can you help me and sorry about my english

• You don't need to install anything. Press the system softknob on your kemper stage and go to page "WiFi settings". Here you can enable WiFi or Access Point Mode. Also you can scan the barcode with your tablet.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• Here is also a nice explanation in German.

I guess you are German, right Heiko? 😉

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thank you very much! Yes I am german. I thought that I can use the tablet on stage, if I have to change some parameters in the kemper stage, but if its only working with wifi, I have still to prepare all the sounds at home...you konw, sometimes you have to change something, you recognized during the soundcheck...

Thank you very much for your help!!

Cheers Heiko

• I thought that I can use the tablet on stage, if I have to change some parameters in the kemper stage

That's possible with the "Access Point Mode".

It's designed for a situation like rehearsal or as you want for live use on stage, where isn't a WiFi network available.

• It works for me with the "Access Point Mode" too, but I guess it should work through the network if the stage and the android device are connected to the WIFI ? I tried, it didn't make it, RM keeps on searching for a profiler.

I tried to connect the stage to the router thanks to the WPS process. Pressing the WPS button on the stage did nothing. The light of the WPS button is not as bright as the other buttons, don't know if it's normal ?

• Official Post

As long as the Stage isn't connected to your local Wi-Fi, Rig Manager Android won't be able to find it.

If WPS doesn't work (perhaps not enabled in your router), enter SSID and password of your Wi-Fi manually: Dial the TYPE knob on page "Wi-Fi Settings" while Home Network Mode is selected.

• Sorry I should have written events chronologically.

First, I tried the "Access point mode", my phone found the profiler and I had a direct link between the two devices.

Then I tried the connection through the network. As the WPS procedure didn't work, I entered the SSID and PSW manually. Then, while the profiler was connected to the WIFI (the SSID showed up on the display), Android RM didn't find it.