Connecting a microphone through the Kemper's Alternative Input w/ 48v Phantom viable?

• Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has tried connecting a mic through through the alternative input at the back of the Kemper.

In my case I have a mic that needs phantom power, and thought about buying one of the following tools to connect to before running it into the Kemper.

The Tool in question

Would this be safe? I'm not very audio tech savvy and wouldn't want to break my Kemper :D

Thanks in Advance!

• It should be safe, as the device you linked to is specifically designed to provide phantom power to a microphone downstream from it, when connected to gear after it in the signal chain.

That said, I’ve never used this device.

• I´m interested in the Millenium Pocket Phantom too. My goal would be to record acoustic/classical guitar using a pair of microphones that require phantom power.

Can the Kemper's main input (front) or alternative input (rear) work with a stereo input (TRS cable)? I'm asking because the pro snake TPY 2015 JFF cable could provide the needed connection between the Millenium Pocket Phantom and the Kemper.

• I don't get exactly what you wanna do.

But AFAIK, most of phantom power devices are designed for connecting to balanced inputs (XLR or TRS). Not unbalanced ones (TS).

I just wanna connect a mic that needs phantom power through the rear alternative input, so I can record it in my DAW.

• I just wanna connect a mic that needs phantom power through the rear alternative input, so I can record it in my DAW.

Ok, Akototh.

AFAIK, few chances you get good results without a real dedicated mic preamp.

But experimenting is still fun, and, for sure, experimenting is learning.