Problem with True Impedance on Kemper Fuzz

• I just switched over from a rack profiler to a new stage unit. The True Impedance option sounds quite nice on the Kemper fuzz, but it's behaving very strangely when I turn that block off using a footswitch. The impedance setting changes immediately (I can hear the sound get brighter), but the fuzz does not get bypassed for another four or five seconds! If I disable the impedance check-box the effect bypasses immediately on press of the footswitch. Anyone else seeing the problem? I already tried a factory reset and restore, but no change in the behavior.

• I reported the problem to Kemper support who tell me this is normal behavior. From the manual section on the Kemper Fuzz:

Code
    You will notice an audio drop-out when switching, too. This drop-out will also occur whenever you switch from or to a Rig with a fuzz with active “True Impedance”. This drop-out cannot be avoided as the hardware impedance dramatically changes the incoming level of your guitar in an instance. Consider carefully whether you will make use of the volume pot advantages or benefit from an artifact-free switching.

What threw me is that it's not really a "drop-out". The impedance changes instantly, brightening up the sound, but the fuzz effect does not bypass for almost four seconds. This all seems a bit odd, but not being privy to the system architecture there may well be good reasons for it.

• Thanks very much for confirming what I suspect. The delay I'm seeing is unlikely to be intentional or expected. I can tolerate a short glitch before and after soloing, but having to wait many seconds before the fuzz bypasses is a non-starter.

• I've had one open since the day I started this thread. As I mention above, they told me it's expected. But it doesn't match your experience nor can I believe they would have shipped software that took many seconds to bypass the effect. I pinged them again on the issue but I have not heard back.