KEMPER ATTEMPT AT OZZY FLYING HIGH AGAIN

• Thanks for the compliments
    Im still trying to get close

, its all kemper 2 tracks of rythm 1 left 1 right , but i added reverb in the daw, from each track a small room sound with alot of mix ,

Ill post the profile tonight after work its a profile i tried to make using curve eq to match randys tone in cubase than profiling it.

the only other thing is i had to add some eq after the kemper cutting the mids around 1000 hz about 3.5 db using curve eq to match again . i still dont think its there yet .

randy has alot of room sound going on in his guitars it sounds like to me , hard to nail that .

• you are definitely correct about the room sound. I read a few articles where they said that they faced his amp towards a wall and put Microphones in the room where the mic picked up the sound coming off of the wall. They did a lot of wacky things on that album. I'm not so sure that it helped or not though lol. I still think his best tone was captured live 8)

• Gainfreak ,

yeah I never heard that but now I believe it , Ive wondered how to get rid of the sharp high notes but still keep the clarity and I think the reflected off the wall sound helps that , you can definitly hear a ton of room sound on his tone , thanks for the tip thats the one thing the kemper has a hard time nailing , the room reflections.

• Gainfreak ,

yeah I never heard that but now I believe it , Ive wondered how to get rid of the sharp high notes but still keep the clarity and I think the reflected off the wall sound helps that , you can definitly hear a ton of room sound on his tone , thanks for the tip thats the one thing the kemper has a hard time nailing , the room reflections.

I think the first album had a couple of Mic's up close and they had one out in a hall which adds to that ambient sound and then If I remember correctly the buncing off the walls was done on the second album. I think I read it on the gearsluts forum but I can't remember now!

• I actually like the Kemper guitar sound better. I love Randy as a guitar player, but never really a fan of his tone.

The Kemper seems more organic with better clarity to my ears, nice job :thumbup:

• I added the profile up on the rig exchange search for JMAN , or flyin hi .I recorded it with the reverb switched off and used n impulse reverb in cubase. But for the profile it has alot of mix on a short room reverb sound .

• I added the profile up on the rig exchange search for JMAN , or flyin hi .I recorded it with the reverb switched off and used n impulse reverb in cubase. But for the profile it has alot of mix on a short room reverb sound .

I like this profile a lot, it really captures the room sound of the recordings. I turned the reverb mix just up a tad and adjusted the bass mid mid very little. Playing along with the backing track of Over the Mountain is the closest I ever heard myself sound true to the actual recording. There are many human beings of the male gender that bash Randy's recorded tone and record these songs with a modern wall of bass tone that sounds like ass IMO. These songs are classics just the way they are.

• thanks Don

yeah i think alot of people dont care for his tone because he played the same part like 4 or 5 times that and maybe a combination of him using the mxr distortion i dont know gives it a certain sound , I like the way the reverb of the room makes his tone huge also ,the reverb i added in the kemper was an afterthought anyways , because i originally did a recording using the kemper sound without reverb then adding it in the DAW using impulses of room reverbs , and making the mix setting really high like 80 or 90 percent , so more room reflected guitar than direct.

Glad youre liking it .