Performance setup question

• Hi all,

I just changed my performance setup as a try. Now I have the exactly same right in my Buttons 1 - 5 with the same effects on button I - IIII.

I dont use Performance switch Buttons > and <.

The only difference I have, is increasing amp gain from Button 1 till 5.

Thus, my knobs 1 to 5 act like "amp channel switching" and I to IIII as a standard effect pedal board... at least on the first view.

A second view reveals that the effects I chose while playing mid gain, switches to standard enabled, when i switch the rig... of courses, this makes sense for most applications, I would still like to ask:

1) is there a way to take the effect status with me, when switching the rig?

2) or is it possible to keep the effect state of e.g. rig 5 while switching away to rig 4 and than back to 5? Thus, if I engage effect 1 on rig 5, switch rig and come back to 5, effect 1 is still engaged without the need of saving in between?

I will probably be best with linking the gain to a pedal - but I am still interested in the questions above...

...or is there another way of gradually increasing gain with Buttons and without a pedal?