Kemper Player:The first time two-way control with SysEx NRPN in MIDI Captain serials

• Midi Captain has launched the latest firmware for players, which is a surprising update (it is free). Do you still have its users here?

The first time two-way control with SysEx NRPN in MIDI Captain serials

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Functions:

1 - short press: Selects the 1st preset in the current bank (every bank contains 5 presets)

1 - long press: Toggles the DLY module on/off

2 - short press: Selects the 2nd preset in the current bank

2 - long press: Toggles the REV module on/off

3 - short press: Selects the 3rd preset in the current bank

3 - long press: Switches to the next bank (there are 10 banks in total)

A - short press: Selects the 4th preset in the current bank

A - long press: Toggles the module in slot A on/off

B - short press: Selects the 5th preset in the current bank

B - long press: Toggles the module in slot B on/off

C - short press: Activates tapping

C - long press: Switches to the previous bank

• This looks very promising, if only the product hadn't been sold out...

Can you further customize what the buttons control and how the lights on the buttons behave?

This would make this ideal for me. For instance, is this possible:

1 - short press: previous rig (no light on the button)

1 - long press: DLY module on/off (no light)

2 - short press: next rig (no light)

2 - long press: REV module on/off (no light)

3 - short press: Tuner on/off (button light up when activated)

3 - long press: Don't know yet :)

A - short press: previous bank (no light)

A - long press: A module on/off (no light)

B - short press: next bank (no light)

B - long press: B module on/off (no light)

C - short press: NRPN sequence to manipulate Rig Volume to switch between 0 db and +3 db (button light up when boosted)

C - long press: Don't know yet :)

One more thought: surely the KPP knows the note you are tuning to, even if it can't show it. Perhaps it will be possible eventually to send the note to a MIDI device like this to show on the screen?

• Awesome.

AppleTreeChen , what is your affiliation with the product and/or developer?

You seem to have some great inside knowledge and communication with the developer, as if you are the actual developer. (that is intended as a compliment)

thanks again!

I and Dr. Zuo, the creator of Midicaptain, are netizens. We can communicate anytime on WeChat, and like other netizens, I will put forward some ideas and functional requirements. For example, midicaptain currently offers this feature for players (thank you for your contribution and inspiration!). If Dr. Zuo believes that this suggestion has practical value and operability, he will soon provide the latest solution.

In fact, I currently do not have my own midicaptain (although I will soon have one). Instead, I use simulation software to test and learn MIDI knowledge. Once I have new ideas or encounter new problems, I will contact Dr. Zuo for consultation. It's a very pleasant communication!

• I've asked Dr. Zuo for advice on questions like these, and he informed me that all of this is possible, it's just the initial firmware at the moment, and we need to wait for it to continue to improve, he's just too busy!

Also, as far as I know, midicaptain is an open and customizable system, so if you have a midicaptain maybe you can try to code and set it up yourself. I'll do some experimenting with my midicaptain when I get it. If you have more ideas, you can also contact Dr. Zuo directly via email to exchange ideas.

As for displaying the tuned notes on the screen, I will check the kemper's official technical documents, and if I can implement it through the midi system, I will convey it to Dr. Zuo as soon as possible. If you have any good solutions, you can also propose them for discussion, after all, I also very much hope to have such a function :)

• i got hold of the midi captain pedal. quick demo here: