Effect Button IIII Where? Kemper Player

• Alejandrocarrera

Changed the title of the thread from “Effect Buttom IIII Where? Kemper Player” to “Effect Button IIII Where? Kemper Player”.
    • Official Post

The built-in foot switches 1, 2, and 3 of the Player are not the Effect Buttons I, II, and III. There is a reason for the different terminology used.

The Effect buttons I-IIII are functions that can be

a. assigned to the built-in foot switches

b. assigned to external analog momentary foot switches plugged into the pedal socket of the Player

c. triggered via MIDI control changes #75-78.

By default the built-in foot switch 2 is preassigned to the Effect Button I function.

The concept of the Effect Buttons I-IIII is adopted from the PROFILER Remote and Stage models, where these have a dedicated physical representation. Each of these Effect Buttons can toggle up to four effect modules or an action&freeze function like Rotary Speaker Speed. These functional assignments to an Effect Button can vary by Rig and are stored in each Rig. So the same effect button could trigger Delay Infinity in one Rig A and toggle effect Module B and DLY in another Rig B. So these four Effect Buttons exist as virtual nodes in the Player.

There is a detailed description in the Player Main Manual.