Rig Manager 3.x Windows 10 (Virtual Machine) - Running On Windows 7 x64 OS (Is This Possible ?)

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hello, i'm wondering if anyone else on the forum is dealing with this issue.......

My daw hardware is older and the pci-e internal sound card drivers were designed for windows 7 x64.

I like to run the daw and rig manager on the same pc based rackmount machine. It makes my workflow process very smooth and easy to navigate.

I tried several times to make things work on windows 10 and windows 11, but only with less than average success. My daw drivers are the issue, not kemper, in any way.

I also tried using a virtual machine on windows 7 to emulate windows 10, but the rig manager software was aware of the windows 7 os, and it stopped the install.
    I wish there was a solution to operate rig manager 3.x with the most recent kemper os, inside a windows 10 virtual machine, running on windows 7 as the main os.

I have completed this process already with my Axe Fx III editor (Axe Edit), and it works on the windows 10 virtual machine.

Please make it a reality, if possible........

Currently i'm back on rig manager 2.3.14, with os 7.1.5.15526, and i've given up all the most recent features, especially the editor.

• wouldn't just buying an audio interface be the best solution? it'll do the heavy lifting and completely bypass the decrepit soundcard. what are the troublesome daw drivers? curious why your using an OS that stopped being supported in 2020 too. :/

sounds like a unique setup :)

"No socks? No problem."

• I agree with Billy. Not being able to use Liquid Profiles is one main reason I would upgrade. For the cost of a new interface, you are getting dozens of life-like amps.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• A good DAW and interface will be neutral and not color the sound. If any do, I'd throw it away. Sorry, but I still think you are due for an upgrade. Let us know how it goes.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Even if you get it working - you’re likely to have ongoing headaches to keep it working.

That’s a lot of duct tape, zip-ties and bubblegum to stave off what is ultimately a lost cause.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche