Kempers with freakin lazer beams!

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hey guys!

Anybody ever get classic arcade lazy beam sounds coming from their toaster? I know its not supposed to do this...surely? lol.

So my outing is XLR-TRS going direct into my apollo twin with the gain stage on the interface set to 0db rig volume -4.5db. This whacky sound only realy happens if i add a distortion infront of the amp. Am i in any kind of danger of blowing something up and should stop immediately.

When i route my kemper this way (XLR-TRS-INTERFACE) my metal profiles BIG! like full of meat but when i route out using TRS out or TS out (left mono) direct into interface to me it sounds like ive lost all that meat.

Here is a recording of those lazer beams.

WARNING!!! ITS LOUD!!! YA MAY WANT TO TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME!!!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any thoughts?

• This is the comparison between the two outings.

The first is XLR-TRS direct into interface and the second is a TS cable out (mono left) direct to interface. Third sample XLR- TRS and fourth TS .Both using the same profile same guitar and both set to STACK.

Dunno if its my ears or not but the XLR-TRS sounds way fuller.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My thoughts on sound: I might not like it but someone will. Even the most harsh and nasally sound can make a mix sound like a winner. So, I gave up rating tone. ;)

I think it's cool when you can push a guitar beyond its original intended use. You never know what will inspire you.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• My thoughts on sound: I might not like it but someone will. Even the most harsh and nasally sound can make a mix sound like a winner. So, I gave up rating tone. ;)

I think it's cool when you can push a guitar beyond its original intended use. You never know what will inspire you.

This tone wasn't intended (the lazer beams) i thought it was a glitch in my unit and i had badly routed it into my interface and was possibly damaging both my toaster AND interface lol.

• um, i want the laser beam glitch. as long as nothing blows up!

Hahaha just XLR-TRS direct to interface put a distortion in the stomp section. First turn your gain stage of your interface to zero and your rig volume to zero then slowly turn up the rig volume and its 1980's arcade lazer beams lol.

Of course you do this on your own back 😜