Marshall 1959 HW tones

• Old new song I just mixed, after many years that I actually wrote it. It's got some Marshall 1959 HW tones, I recorded with a Kemper profile I made with a Suhr Reactive Load Box and it sounds pretty close, actually. No pedals on this one.

Les Paul straight into Kemper. Neck pickup. Tone pickup is around 3 or 4 for the Clapton's woman's tone thing. A touch of reverb on Pro Tools. Celestion IRs (Greenback 4x12 Balanced SM57).

Kinda clean tone, not that clean... the amp was dimed but still pretty clean.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• vinirosa

Changed the title of the thread from “Marshall 1958 HW tones” to “Marshall 1959 HW tones”.
  • Nicely done and really great tone, even Knopfler would be proud of that one!

Very pleasant song to listen to with shades of Royksopp.

Hey man, you just nailed what MK 1985 stands for!! Mark Knopfler is a hero to me!! 1985 is the year Brothers in Arms was released! You have some ears, my friend! Hats off!!!

Thanks for checking this out!!