Pat Travers ADA flanger

• Has anybody ever tried replicating the flanger sounds used on the album "Putting it Straight" and "Go for what you know" I'm pretty sure he used an ADA flanger. This is the only FX sound that I feel I haven't been able to nail with the Kemper effects.

• I tried out an ADA flanger in 1981 (I think) and it was a glorious thing. There was a 3D, thick sound to it that I've never been able to replicate with another pedal. Like the speaker was rubber or something. Please let me know if you get close.

But... it was a dedicated unit that plugged straight into the wall.

• I tried out an ADA flanger in 1981 (I think) and it was a glorious thing. There was a 3D, thick sound to it that I've never been able to replicate with another pedal. Like the speaker was rubber or something. Please let me know if you get close.

But... it was a dedicated unit that plugged straight into the wall.

I can get very close, close enough, but I need an ADA flanger and his settings to get closer. there aren't the same controls on the Kemper flanger and the ADA. Instead of liquid profiling, I wish Kemper would have sampled some famous effects Like the ADA flanger, the MXR 117,Electric mistress etc. and did "liquid FX" profiling of pedals.

• Pat Travers is BA! How about trying a slight wah effect against the kemper flanger to get even closer? I have a TCE Vortex pedal and can add a ADA preset but I know that won't help if you want to remain in kemperland.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Pat Travers is BA! How about trying a slight wah effect against the kemper flanger to get even closer? I have a TCE Vortex pedal and can add a ADA preset but I know that won't help if you want to remain in kemperland.

I love "Putting it Straight" even though I would never use a flanger that much, he did and it worked. He always attempted to simulate a leslie type sound with it. (Opened up for him and he told me that) I also recall him opening for RUSH in the late 70's and it was one of the best and memorable concerts I have ever seen. I would rather get the ADA flanger correct then add wah to hopefully make it more accurate. As I said, I can get really close fast but sometimes I don't know what I'm doing with the feedback,depth and manual, they are so interactive, you could spend hours just using your ears to get it exact.

• Now if I could just get them transferred to the Kemper.... This is where "FX liquid profiling" would come in handy. I would rather have popular new and vintage FX liquid profiles over amps. I have always been fine with "snapshots" of amps and the ability to tweek them with the Kempr EQ, but in cases where you are trying to say replicate a ADA flanger, it would be awesome to keep the controls synced with the sound of the original pedals.