Clarified: Loaded profile gets automatically saved in Performance mode (!)

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

While in Performance mode, when we load a profile on our Guitar Rig, that profile seems to get saved there. In the specific slot you were in. Is there a way to get back to the old profile I had for this specific slot?

So in my case, I had a 1967 Fender Deluxe on the second slot of one my Performances or Performance rigs, if you will. I was just fiddling about and loaded up another profile, a 1986 TS10. Well, now that 1986 TS10 has taken that slot and the 1967 Fender Deluxe seems to be forever gone. I didn't have to save or store the new profile onto the Performance. I even switched the KPA off and back on and the 1986 TS10 is still there. But I want my 1967 Fender Deluxe back.
    Is this really how the KPA operates, that the moment you select a profile and you happen to be in the Performance mode, the loaded profile will get automatically saved in the Performance slot that was active at the moment and replace the hitherto existing profile that was there?

If this is so, this is quite a risky way for the KPA to function.

• New
    • Best Answer
    • Official Post

if the Profiler is connected to Rig Manager it automatically stores the current state of the slot to the clipboard. Since the clipboard survives a restart it will still be there after a restart. To clear the editbuffer you only need to switch to a different performance. When you return to the previous one you will find that it loads in its stored state and not in the edited version.

• Burkhard

Changed the title of the thread from “Loaded profile gets automatically saved in Performance mode (!)” to “Clarified: Loaded profile gets automatically saved in Performance mode (!)”.
  • Its actually really nice that is works like that. What ever changes you make will be kept changed until you exit that performance and come back then its the way you saved it in first place. I use this feature all the time and love it because if I don't like the changes or don't want to keep them its really easy to revert to the original.

• you exit that performance and come back then its the way you saved it in first place

To clear the editbuffer you only need to switch to a different performance. When you return to the previous one you will find that it loads in its stored state and not in the edited version.

I would swear I had tried this before I made this post and I still got the newly loaded profile in the Performance slot. But I was a bit of in a rush and perhaps didn't actually do it properly and jumped straight into posting about the "issue". If so, my bad.

I will check this when I am back home.

Thanks for your swift answers!

• To close this topic, the gentle men or women who answered the question of this thread were indeed right that when you move to another performance and then you return to the performance where you had changed one or many profiles in one or many slots without storing them, the prior profiles are reestablished and so they do not get lost.

• G String

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • G String

Closed the thread.