Kemper with FB1010 and Eureka Prom?

• Yes. I'm using the FCB-1010 with the Eureka prom. It works great in PP configuration.

The EurekaProm in PP configuration give you 4 accessible banks.

PR Mode - Preset mode allows you to scroll through the assigned presets in the Kemper. FYI. There are no presets assigned in the kemper by default. You must assign presets in the kemper to a preset number before you can change presets with any kind of external midi.

FP Mode - Favorite Presets - This bank allows you to setup 10 favorites that you can access with the 10 footswitches. You assign them in combination with the PR mode.

EF Mode - Effects Mode - You can program the 10 footswitches to turn on or off any of the Stomp or Effects slots in the Kemper. Also, you can assign them to tap tempo and tuner on and off. Basically any CC command can be sent using the footswitches.

SP Mode - Special Mode - Sends Midi Notes. Haven't found a use for this yet with the Kemper.

You also have two pedals which can be assigned. I have one setup for KPA volume and the other to control the wah

• All the needed info in the wiKPA as well, folks :rolleyes:

If it were only online and searchable... ;)

the board I have actually doesn't have the current Eureka but an older prom dedicated to the Adrenalinn. I replaced the stock prom and preset changes work (though unsure how to actually create a preset on the unit over stock, need to reference the manual or wiKPA). One of the expression pedals did nothing in stock format and the other freaked out the Kemper (display flickered, went blank, and returned after about 10 seconds) seemingly trying to control all the effects at once. Need to look into stock options regarding programming this thing.

• Been reading up on the FCB1010 stock features. I may be mistaken, but it seems like the an FCB1010 preset doesn't have to send an PC message? If this is correct, the UNO chip really isn't necessary for stomp box operation. It seems you could program presets 1-5 to trigger in the bottom row and then presets 6-10 to send CC messages only. Lights above the switches would likely messed up though...there's an editor here which appears pretty straight forward. Will try over the weekend. http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm

• Confirmed. UNO chip is unnecessary for stompbox operation. As long as the FCB1010 has the most recent official firmware, the unit can be programmed using the lower row for program change and the upper row to send CC messages only. There is a generic sysex file on the FCB1010 Yahoo User group and a couple editors for the device. Looking forward to getting the FCB1010 programmed, one step closer to trying it out with a group...

• Confirmed. UNO chip is unnecessary for stompbox operation. As long as the FCB1010 has the most recent official firmware, the unit can be programmed using the lower row for program change and the upper row to send CC messages only. There is a generic sysex file on the FCB1010 Yahoo User group and a couple editors for the device. Looking forward to getting the FCB1010 programmed, one step closer to trying it out with a group...

Yes in principle this does work. However with this solution the lights never represent the state of the corresponding stomp and I decided for myself that like this it's unusable for serious stage use. As this shortcoming can be overcome for just 16€ I think it's a no-brainer!

Cheers,
    Markus

• If it were only online and searchable... ;)

8| Uh? Once it's on your computer it is searchable. And I guess it takes much less to search through a single, short document in order to find info about an issue which has already been addressed and solved by others, rather than having to make up a research, gathering data, and getting your conclusions by reading several pages on different forums/sites...

... But after all this might be just me :D

• 8| Uh? Once it's on your computer it is searchable. And I guess it takes much less to search through a single, short document in order to find info about an issue which has already been addressed and solved by others, rather than having to make up a research, gathering data, and getting your conclusions by reading several pages on different forums/sites...

... But after all this might be just me :D

Which computer? My DAW, my work box, the family machine, my phone, my tablet? And how do I know if the document has been updated with more information? :whistling:

Thanks for your effort, really very much appreciated. But in the digital age and dealing with a product in beta for which there will be many changes in the coming months/years. IMHO a more dynamic/living document seems more appropriate. But unfortunately it seems the community is not willing to help from the other post I put up... :(

• Which computer? My DAW, my work box, the family machine, my phone, my tablet?

All of them. Copying a pdf takes seconds, specially if you use a cloud system. The original file is on Dropbox :)

And how do I know if the document has been updated with more
    information? :whistling:

Easy!

• As you have certainly noticed by reading the "Readme first!" chapter, the history of the wiKPA is already quite long: several updated versions have already been published, and the pace is more or less each 20 days (excluding the summer months).
    • There's a good soul who takes care of the updating process, and writes a clear post on the forum you happen to be a member of to notify everyone might be interested in the matter that there's a new version available.
    • The file on Dropbox is gifted with a filename clearly stating the date at which it has been released.

So your mindpath would resemble this one:

• begin;
    • feel free to rely on the wiKPA you own, it's the most up-to-date version existing in the galaxy;
    • should you happen to see a post on the Kemper forum stating that a new version of the wiKPA has been published, just download it from the supplied link into as many devices you want; it might advisable to delete the old version(s) at this stage;
    • GOTO begin.

Thanks
    for your effort, really very much appreciated. But in the digital age
    and dealing with a product in beta for which there will be many changes
    in the coming months/years. IMHO a more dynamic/living document seems
    more appropriate.

For the moment I have no plans to stop updating the wiKPA in the next future.
    What exactly your complaints are about the wiKPA being "dead"?

Unfortunately it seems the community is not willing to help from the other post I put up... :(

Sadly true. Maybe the wiKPA is not really needed, at this stage. But, after all - and as I've stated since the very beginning - it's something I'd do for myself anyway. At some stage I could decide to stop publishing it: it would make things easier and I'd have less worries to have to produce extremely accurate and reliable information, to search and delete obsolete data, to check for typos before each publishing... and the like.