Error Message on upgrade to Latest Beta..

• Wait for the answer from support. Any idea how many profiles dou you have on the unit?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hello,

many of us got this error-message - me too. ;( ;(
    (BtW - I had about 1600 rigs - way to much :S - on my KPA)

Try "soundside.de" there are very good tips to get your KPA running again. (Thanks to Armin from Soundside for the very good instructions!!) :thumbup:
    With Armins Tips at soundside.de I had no problem to fix the Update-Error - Thank God!!! :whistling: :whistling:

(I love my toaster :D :D :D )

KPA-Rackversion with Line6 Powercab 112
    :thumbup: :love: :thumbup:

Edited once, last by pezi1707 ().

• I got the same error when trying to do the computer deletion process. I put the USB back to original back-up and then tried the process again. I think I hit a button on the KPA during the process instead of waiting and got the error. If you are patient and wait, you don't ge the error. I can't recall all the details, but it seemed like I was trying to hit the exit button to see the rigs, but did that too soon and got the error.

• To get the KPA running again.
    Put the old firmware on a formatted USB stick, insert into KPA, turn Kemper on holding the < > 'Page' buttons.
    KPA will boot from USB.

Reduce Profiles/Rigs to less than 1500.
    Try updating to latest firmware.

The engineers are working on this particular error.

• Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure that's related to having a lot of rigs, I had already cut down from over 2800 to less then 2000.. :) Hopefully will get it running again later today when I get to the studio.

• 2800...I just don't get it. ?(

I had 2600 last week.
    I think the main reason is because the KPA allows you to.
    That doesn't mean I need 2600 Profiles, it just means I was lazy for the last 12 months. :)

These days things are very different, the KPA allows you to save in 'Favourites', etc, etc.
    Now it's easy, I import 20 Profiles into my KPA, select 'Last Imported', check them out, and delete straight away.

Having said that.
    Let's say you're lending your KPA to a friend or studio for the night, your friends checking it out, he wants to see what all the hype is about. (I do this all the time).
    If you're only into Fenderish kind of tones and that's all you have saved in your KPA, but your friends into high gain Marshall tones, hows he going to get a good idea of the range of KPA Marshall tones?

I have about 200 Marshall Profiles in my KPA, saved in Favourites.
    I think about 15 or so different Marshall amps.
    It quickly builds up, add some Peaveys, Diezals, Soldanos, Engls, Splawns, Bogners, Mesa Boogies, etc, and you're quickly at 400 Profiles.
    Then add the Fenders, Voxes, and all the other cleanish crunchy amps, and you're suddenly at 600 or 700.
    That's what I have in my favourites, about 700.

• Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure that's related to having a lot of rigs, I had already cut down from over 2800 to less then 2000.. :) Hopefully will get it running again later today when I get to the studio.

If you can't get it working soon, just go to Guitar Center and buy 30 or 40 different amps and that should hold you off till you get 'er working again.

• 2800...I just don't get it. ?(

What happened was I kept adding profiles, but never had the time to go thru them(was out most of the summer gigging) I really only use about 15-20 patches live with the Axe, there is no need for much more then that for me. I wanted to take my time and go thru all of them, just to see what's available and hear some amps i never had a chance to try.

Got it back working with the previous OS, will continue deleting profiles now, and then sometime will try the new firmware again, there is something i'm hearing on some profiles that I wanted to see if the new firmware would get rid of, so that was my main reason to try it.