recording kemper through edirol FA101

• hello there. I have some issue in recording wiht the kemper in a DAW. My main system is equipped with an Edirol Fa101 which has up to 10 inputs.

two of them are in front, one for a guitar plugged directly and the second for a mic.

on the rear panel there are inputs from 3 to 8.

in theory I should use kemper main out and plug them into two of the inputs of the sound module, right?

last time I tried it nothing happened.

anyone is using the Edirol mentioned?

all the best

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I don't have it, so i just can suggest you some "standard" tests.
    1) have you checked the inputs by plugging in just your guitar to check that they work?
    2) did you assign properly the inputs into the DAW (input in recording track) ?

Check this, and probably you'll solve it since i assume that your main outs work properly ;)

• It seems that Michael's issue is related to having no sound rather than to having a bad sound tho...

Michael, let's try to determine at which stage the issue arises :)

• Are you sure there's signal coming out of the KPA from the main out?
    • Do you see the input led blink on the interface (i.e. there's signal entering the interface)?
    • Can you hear the sound from your interface from your monitors/HPs?
    • If not, are you sure you are monitoring (listening to) those inputs? The interface could be set differently. Are you sure the interface's inputs you're using are activated (switched on)?
    • Do you see any signal hitting the DAW (input level showing activity when you play)? If yes, are you sure the input is routed to any track? And, are you monitoring (listening to) the DAW input?
  • ok, gianfranco and all. I will try the edirol input assignment as stated in the manual and will rule out, at least, this simple move. I'll let you know how this step goes.............

m

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• made it! it was only a matter of choosing the correct input.

edirol has 10 input that can be chosen into the DAW and are divided by 5 groups of inputs, i.e. input 1 and 2 are in the group 1, input 3 and 4 are in the input group 2, 5 and 6 in the third and so on...........

thanks for your help

michael