Mobile Fast Track Pro for Kemper ?

• Hello Forum ,
    I have Mobilepre USB , a vintage ( ;( ) sound card which worked fine for my needs, since I recorded my guitar amps with mics -like an audio record - great sound, low latency , etc .
    But, I find out I cannot record Kemper , since there is no spdf , and If I try to record guitar>Kemper> mobilepre> computer - Logic 8 I can only record if I choose dedicated track for guitar , not anymore as an independent audio track .
    On that way sound is bad, and latency is about 2 hours :thumbdown: (ok just kidding , but latency is huge , nothing as with simple amp/mic )
    They told me I have to have audio card with separate I/O for line and for mics . Mobilepre has the same input and output for line/mic , not separate .

My computer is Hackintosh (OS 10.5.2 on 3.4 GHz ) ,just for home recording, no internet , no bulshit ,works like a baby :love:
    Yes, that still exists, pls don't tell anyone :whistling: , and Logic 8 for recording .

I can replace my old mobilepre with Mobile Fast Track Pro for very good price .

Now, does the Fast Track has everything I need for direct , decent recording from Kemper to Logic 8 ?
    And how to do that ? Any funny geek tricks??

Thanks a lot ! :D

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 3 times, last by Rescator ().

• Well man, i hate M-audio stuff since had a really bad experience with my (very) old Quattro audio interface.
    And i think that thei preamps are pretty cheap and bad sounding (but that's what you get for a low price).
    I'm on Mac a I'm pretty happy with my focusrite Saffire Pro 24, which is a firewire interface.
    I see that Focusrite now has a huge amount of USB interfaces, which might work well with your hackintosh.
    If they are on your budget i'd take a look ;)

• I know you're kidding, but I'm sure there will be a market for vintage sound cards one day. :D

I don't know why going from the line out of the Kemper to the line in on your sound card is causing so much latency. If you want to use a mic input and a guitar input at the same time, then I would get a new sound card or audio interface, probably with an s/pdif in for the Kemper.

You may be able to track down the problem, but in my experience you're probably better off trying a different interface or sound card rather than spending days troubleshooting. See if you can borrow an external usb or firewire interface from a friend. This way, if the latency is still there, you will know it's not your sound card. I doubt it's the Kemper that's causing such extreme latency.

I have a Focusrite Saffire 24 also (the DSP version), and highly recommend it as long as you have a firewire bus on your hackintosh. One great thing about the Focusrite is that you can use it as a stand alone mixer with the included power supply.

Good luck!

• ^ I too can't understand why the latency should change so much. AFAIK, it actually shouldn't at all. Probably something changes in the DAW settings, and this can be addressed for sure.
    If this is your main (or only) concern I'd advise to spend some time trying to fix it rather than spending... money ;)