Tip #32 : Small Amp - Large Amp

• Small tube amps are for home or studio use
    Large amps are for gig's
    Large amps do not sound great when played at low volume
    None master volume amps are much to loud
    Heavy sounds need HUGE amps and speakers

Thanks to the KPA: All this limitation is not true anymore.

I got some of my greatest profiles out of very small amps - and can use them now at high volume.
    Now we can use none master volume amps - fully cranked - at home
    Some famous bands use large (empty) Marshall walls - and mic a small amp behind the stage - to get their BIG tone - we can do the same at any volume - without the need to color the sound with a mic.

Don't be afraid to profile your (or your friends) small amps - and be amazed.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Y E S :thumbup: IMO this is one of the biggest advantages of the KPA. I love my Fender Deluxe. Actually, my perfect amp for small gigs. But when it gets really loud on stage (the later the evening ...), the more I lose my warm sound. certainly this has an end with the KPA ... I hope ... I have not played with this setup yet 8|

• I just came to post this too!

Truth is that for proper rocking out and that smack-you-in-the-chest tone that people expect out of the Kemper, you need speakers, large ones, lots of them, with tons of reserve power.
    I run

2 x KRK Rokit RP8" @ 90w RMS x 2 = 180W RMS
    2 x KRK Rokit RP5" @ 75w RMS x 2 = 150w RMS
    1 x Bluesky 12" Active Sub @ = 200w RMS

That is a total of 530w of clean power with 5 speakers. It can get pretty loud but not even close to my Marshall 50w JMP w/ Mesa Recto 4x12 Cab. Also, the subwoofer is the most important part. It imparts that 'THWACK" to your tone. You cannot get the same experience without it for sure.

I like each setup for different reasons but overall the studio monitor setup sounds fantastic and more well-rounded for a variety of tones. The Marshall/Mesa cab has a particular awesome tone but you cannot change its primary voicing much as every guitarist knows well.

For any fully grown male individual more is bigger is better! :thumbup: :love:
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29745912/muscleMan-s397x477-45962.jpg]

• Yes, same here - I use large Adam 12" studio monitors - and all my tube amps are louder.

but KPA and the Adams sound very close.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de