Posts by linck

Hi

I tried a lot of monitor-stage-setting: IEM, RCF NX Monitor, Preamp + Cabs, Tube-Amps (Marshall, Mesa Mark V, different Fenders). I like the Kemper for studio, but missed a bit of live-feeling on stage.

To make a long story short: I use a Fender Twin 65 as my stage monitor. This amp works very well for me, because it keeps the sound very clean on high levels and adds a "tube-feeling" to the sound. As the Fender Twin is famous for its pedal-friendly sound, it works very good with the Kemper, too. We are covering Pink Floyd, so there is no problem with playing amp-simulation thru another amps, I think :) – example Gilmour uses a Fender Twin preamp, thru a mesa-boogie as "distortion-pedal" into a Hiwatt 103 ...

Ok, on stage I mix the Kemper out into my IEM, but just a little bit. The main sound I get from the Fender on stage.

I send the Kemper stereo out to FOH + 1 Mic of my Fender. That way I get the perfect Kemper sound + my live-tube-feeling.

Okay, my english is not the best, but I hope it helps a little bit.

Hi, I tried to use the PERFORMANCE MODE with my PodHD500.

The Problem: The Pod works with 4 Slots (A,B,C,D) every Bank.
    If I switch to performance 2 slot 1 (A), the kemper jumps to performance 1 slot 5.

Is the problem clear?

- I tried to change the PrgChange, that the Pod sends PrgChange Midi 6 in performance 2 slot 1. But the Kemper (or the Pod) does not except that.
    - I disabled Slot 5 in the kemper-performance. But still it jumps to slot 5, if I selesct performance 2/A

QUESTION:
    - can I change the MidiPrg Numbers on the Kemper. So I can set performance 2 slot 1 to the Midi Prg. 5?

THANKS FOR HELP ;(

reznor: Oh... its an older version of the Sennheiser EW 300 IEM G3 (I use it ... puh ... 4-5 years, now). It´s okay. I put it into a small Behringer-Mixer to add some Reverb to my vocals and to mix the signals (voc, git, stage-monitor) the way a need it. In the beginning I used a closed "in-ear-headphone". But for my taste I was seperated from the band too much. Now I use half-closed-in-ears (- ca. 30db). That way I get the stage-feeling AND I am able to mix/add sound the way I like.

yes, a floyd tribute :)

and yes, it is a very very cool location: a old Mark fortress in Magdeburg (Germany). Once a part of the biggest Prussian stronghold, the former cannon ways and barrack vaults transformed into a culture-centre with eleven-metre-high vaults and mysterious niches.

p.s. I used Andys Hiwatt profiles!

Okay. I did it: The first gig with the Kemper. I was not quite sure, because I have installing the update a night before. Ui ui ui. But everything worked fine! But I have taken my amps and fx/stomps as backup-solution. You never know! But the concern was unfounded. The Kemper has done a great job.

My setup:

Gilmour Black Strat + Gilmour Red Strat + Crafter Acc INTO A/B Splitter INTO Kemper

Kemper
    INTO my RCF nx-12 sma
    INTO my in-ear
    INTO FOH (stereo mix)

Wow... very great to use the "live-feeling-monitor" and a "great-sound-in-ear" ... and to adjust everything with a single green Kemper-Box :thumbup:
    The sound was good, but I have to work on it ... but thats not a problem of using the Kemper but of using new equipment ...

I used the Pod HD500 as my MIDI footswitch. The handling with the POD was not good. It works (more or less), but there is no communication between Kemper>POD possible, and so I had to entered some presets twice to work or the led didnt wok correctly. Mmh. It is time, that the new FC and Performance Mode is coming soon!!

Okay ... some pics with the great Kemper on stage :D

[Blocked Image: http://www.pulse-web.de/wp-con…Festungmark-CIMG05192.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.pulse-web.de/wp-con…Festungmark-CIMG05301.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.pulse-web.de/wp-con…Festungmark-CIMG04501.jpg]

Some more pics of that gig: http://www.pulse-web.de/festungmark-2013/

Hi Andy, your profiles are perfect. Thanks for the great work. :thumbup: But it would be great if there would be a description of your abbreviations. What does "2some" mean? Which pedals are behind "Red" or "AC", etc. I've been looking for in your forum, but couldnt found anything.

So thanks for your help,
    Marco

Y E S :thumbup: IMO this is one of the biggest advantages of the KPA. I love my Fender Deluxe. Actually, my perfect amp for small gigs. But when it gets really loud on stage (the later the evening ...), the more I lose my warm sound. certainly this has an end with the KPA ... I hope ... I have not played with this setup yet 8|

If someone does a good job, then I'll have no problem to pay for his work. And the prices are really low. For $5 I could not create a profile. TIme is money ;) If there is a free one: fine. If there is a better pro one, I buy it. The Kemper was expensive enough ... so some dollars less or more doesnt matter :rolleyes:

(English Below)

Hi CK, danke für das Feedback. Vielleicht ist das Setup auch etwas untypisch. Aber wir spielen Pink Floyd - und da ist das Gitarrensetup (leider) etwas kompliziert.

Also die Lock-Funktion kommt leider nicht in Frage, da ich dann mit den Effekten nicht hinkomme (siehe unten).

Ich spiele 3 Hiwatt-Profile. Die Profile Clean, Cranked, Full klingen perfekt. Also möchte ich auch live die Stack-Profile "Clean", "Cranked", "Full" nutzen. (Es ist keine Lösung, das Profil "Full" zu nehmen und dann an der Gitarre das Volume zu reduzieren oder Gain aus dem Rig zu drehen. Zwar wird der Ton clean. Aber das Profil Clean klingt deutlich besser.)

Also muss ich die drei Stacks "Clean", "Cranked", "Full" auf meine Fußleiste legen. Für die Effekte könnte ich die Funktion "Lock" nutzen. Das Problem: Ich kann nun zu keinem Rig mit anderen Effekten nutzen.

- Beispielsweise muss ich bei einigen Titeln zwischen Free-Delay und Tap-Delay wechseln.
    - Bei einigen Songs muss ich einen anderen Reverb nutzen.
    - Manche Songs sind seitens der Effekte komplette umgestrickt

Einzige Lösung ist derzeit im Vorfeld die komplette Setlist abzuarbeiten und alle Sounds samt Effekten festzulegen. Das dumme dabei ist, dass man dann Live keinerlei Spielraum mehr hat.

Könnte ich die Stacks direkt anwählen, könnte ich innerhalb eines Songs meine Profile (Clean, Cranked, Full, etc.) nutzen und die "Effekte" innerhalb der Songs spontan an- bzw. ausschalten.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Maybe the setup is somewhat atypical. But we play Pink Floyd - and because of that my guitar setup is (unfortunately) a bit complicated.

So first: the lock function is unfortunately not the solution, since I need the possibility to switch between fx (delaytimes, etc.)

The problem is this: I play 3 Hiwatt-Profiles. The profile Clean, Cranked, Full sound perfect! So I want to use these stack profiles. (It is not a solution to take the profile "Full" and reduce the volume on the guitar (or gain from the rig) That way the sound becomes clean, but the profile Clean sounds much better.)

So I need the three stacks "Clean," "Cranked", "Full" on my fc. For effects I could use the "lock". Okay. But all this is the setup for one (1) song.

The problem is, that I cannot use another rig with other effects.

- For example, I need to change delay-times and between free- and tap-delay.
    - In some songs I have to use a different reverb.
    - Some songs are part of the complete effects redid ...

The only solution (right now) is to work out the complete setlist and set all sounds.
    But that way I cannot change anything live.

But if I could select the stack directly, I could change my profiles (Clean, Cranked, full, etc.) and use the "effects" within every songs spontaneously.

Much easier ;)