Figuring out how to reamp old sessions.

• I am running my Kemper to my RME 800 by the SPDIF connections. I am sending the dry guitar track out to SPDIF. I then have another track with the Input set as SPDIF. I can hear the guitar playing but there is an awful feedback loop going on. What do I do to solve this?

Thanks!

• I am running my Kemper to my RME 800 by the SPDIF connections. I am sending the dry guitar track out to SPDIF. I then have another track with the Input set as SPDIF. I can hear the guitar playing but there is an awful feedback loop going on. What do I do to solve this?

Thanks!

This is because you send a signal back to the KPA SPDIF in that is also sent out by the KPA. To do this right you need to work with separate output buses in your DAW. You need to output buses. One for monitoring that uses the analog out and one for reamping that uses the SPDIF out. Send only the dry guitar track to the SPDIF output bus. Record the the KPA SPDIF input on a new track but dont route that to the SPDIF bus.

• I am as confused as can be. This seems it should be so simple. I am working in Pro Tools 10.

I have Kemper and the RME 800 connected In and Out through SPDIF.

I have one dry audio track recorded with the OUTPUT set to SPDIF.

Another audio track set to INPUT for SPDIF. I set the OUTPUT to ANALOG 3-4 as ANALOG 1-2 are my main outs of RME 800.

I can get the signal in and out of Kemper but when it comes back into Pro Tools the signal is really weak and low gain sounding. I'm sorry that I am not really understanding your reply, but i really appreciate your help.

Could you like draw it out for me? Sorry for being so brain dead Lol.

• try just plugging the output (clean guitar track to the kemper through spidif and run a xlr back to say input 1 on the rme and try it that way

[Blocked Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/f05540.jpg]
    Pro Tools HDX HD i/o 8x8x8
    SSL Nucleus
    vintech
    2 573
    2 x81
    1 609ca
    classic api 4 vp312
    Neumann kh120's
    Presonus digimax
    Furman hds-6
    splawn nitro
    gmajor 2
    kemper
    agile 727s
    yes i work at Vintech

• Since i also have a RME (but a HDSP) this shouldnt be a big problem. Your setup of tracks seems to be ok. However i suspect the routing of the RME to be a little messed up. With all that options this happens quickly. Check the input and output signal levels in the RME mixer and use the Matrix in the Mixer of the RME to route your signals to your liking. Before you change anything it might a good idea to store your routing setup to a preset number. If you mess up your routing you can easily restore your settings this way.

First, start the playback of your DAW without the reamping track. The ouput signals should only be active on the analog outs that you use for monitoring but not the SPDIF out. Then play your guitar through your KPA via SPDIF. Make sure that the incoming signal is not sent to the SPDIF out again.

Next, activate the KPA SPDIF input, activate the reamping track on the DAW and play it solo. Now you should hear the correct guitar sound with the selected rig. If not, check the track ins and out on your sequenzer as well as the RME matrix. If this works, check if the signal can be recorded on new track using the SPDIF input. IF this also works turn off the solo function for the track. Now should be able to hear your playback while reamping still works as before. If not, check your settings again.