A SOFTWARE ERROR OCCURED

• Hi Folks,

after I have imported 1000 rigs from kemper-amps.com (all community downloads) this error occured after shutdown and restart. 3 times I tried to restart. Then I booted the KPR with Rig-Button holding down. And after that all my rigs are gone away. The only rig remains is the last one I used before the system crashed.

Here is the picture of the error message:
    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img846/9503/20121019002.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

can't the KPR manage such huge rig count?
    Is there a knowing solution, yet?

Thanks a lot, hope my last backup kept my favorites... :wacko:

• I hope i dont have this when i have a live show.... :S

• The release notes of the 1.5.1 advises to keep the rig count below 1000. Withe previous FW versions some users has hit near to 3000 rigs, but it looks that now memory is being reserved for upcoming features.
    Seriously: you don't need to keep 1000+ rigs on the unit. If you want to audition profiles load them at blocks if 200 and delete what you're not going to use. 1000 is still the double of any other unit.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• favorites not shown anymore after my backup restore :-/

I read about the limit of 1000+ rigs but only while upgrading to 1.5.x

O-Ton it says: - Upgrading to 1.5.1 with much more than 1000 rigs and presets might generate a memory problem. In this case please bring down the number of rigs and presets to about 1000 before you upgrade.

Yes and No, if there is a limit on rigs with 1.5.1 already installed, why get it an overflow in place of a hint of that?!
    truly 1000" is to much to play with, I wanted to select the best of all.

Now I am back to zero to start again.
    btw I returned to my backup via merge (placed backup file in shared folder).
    does this "merge" feature also brings back system settings (LED settings) and favorites, anyway?

thx guys

• They do... Unless the rigs are deleted. Favorites is just a bookmark, not a separate folder. Is in the user settings

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I've got the same error.
    Idiot that I am, updated to the latest OS, added all of Amp Factory packs 1&2 (all variants, LP, ST etc) as a huge bundle through the shared folder WITHOUT checking any potential problems around this.
    Now of course I've found out that 1000+ rigs is a no-no.
    Tried the holding rig button boot-up, tried the holding system button boot-up and nothing - leave it on the loading screen for ages and always ends up with the same error message.
    Anyone any ideas how to revert back to factory settings or whatever...?
    Ta.

• hi SIX,

try it twice to reboot, while holding the Rig button.
    Leave the finger from the button when the system is tuning the storage!
    Don't press the button too long, that was my fault.

hope it works for you
    cheers
    RIco

• Thanks for this Klampfenfreak, I had been holding the rig button in throughout the process so fire it up then let go, yes?
    Will give it a go.
    Thing that worries me is that this +1000 limitation will just knock the whole thing over again so maybe have to figure out a way of getting all the profiles I put in, out of the KPA first, if you know what i mean.

• Update -
    sent an email to Kemper support last night when this all kicked off and had a reply waiting for me when I got home today. Nice.
    Thought I'd post in case anyone runs into the same issue, as the steps and advice below worked for me. Hope it's not out of line to quote Kemper support verbatim here -

"I guess you've been running into that "more than 1000 Rigs" thing,
    it's always good to read the change log ( included in the download of every OS update ) before installing a new beta system.
    I will attach the change log to this mail, so you can have a look at the known issues section to solve the problem.

You can't use subfolders, to add Rigs to your content you can use the shared folder only.

I will also copy a "how to reset" passage into this mail, was made for 1.5.0 but will work with 1.5.1.

please let me know if this solved the problem.

in case you got an error message after upgrading to firmware 1.5.0 Public Beta, this might indicate a memory overflow. It's caused by the number of rigs and presets (e. g. Cabinet presets) residing on the Profiler adding up to 1600 or even more. You need to downgrade to 1.1.1 Public Beta and clean up first, before you are able to upgrade to 1.5.0 Public Beta.

Here are the steps, you need to take:

1. Store a copy of the 1.1.1 Public Beta firmware in the root directory (not the OS Update folder) of your USB-stick. Plug the stick into the Profiler. Now push and hold the two buttons < PAGE > while you switch the unit on into Tuner mode until a message appears 'Boot and burn...'. The unit will start with the firmware on the stick and install this firmware on your Profiler. But the reboot will run into a hang.

2. Therefor you need to do a reset now. Push and hold the SYSTEM button, while you switch the unit on. Keep pushing until the message appears 'Initializing ...'. This reset will finish with the Welcome sequence, so you need to re-enter your owner name.

Back on firmware 1.1.1 you need to clean up and bring the number of rigs and presets down. With less than 1600 it might work, but you should aim for not more than 1000 rigs and presets as we are planning to introduce new features, which will require more memory space."

Cheers all,
    SiX