Help! very curious problem....

• Hi!

Have been using KPA since april. I was happy but a problem came the first time I recorded my KPA into cubase...I discovered I wasn't having all the expierence, just like when
    you need glasses, and you don't know it, and then the doctor gives you the proper glasses to you and say ooooaaaa! 8):|

My problem is:

What I here from my monitors playing with the kemper is very different, and worse, than what I hear that playing, what I record, with exactly the same configuration in cubase. I play when I record with a sound that is just ok,
    and then when I listen to the recording track, everything in the recording is much more better...more punch, more definition, more clarity, 8o more subtle aspects that I don't hear when I'm playing...it seems
    like someone puts a thin wall between me and the monitors when I play!

I have checked all the drivers and the saffire mix control software :huh: but I can't find why is so so so different. ( :rolleyes: lucky because what I record is better, but when I don't wanna record just enjoy playing I don't
    get this amazing round sound!!! ;(;(;( ) HEEEELP!!!!!

I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, several guitars, high quality cables, two macs and my monitors are the EVENT TR8, where I listen to the kemper and to my recordings with cubase.

Any idea of what I am doing wrong????

Cheers!!!! enjoy!!! thank u!

• any idea?

in other words: do you listen the same exactly sound when recording and when listening this recording and no playing?

recorded sounds seems to sound much much better....

must be a monitoring configuration issue?

• Have you checked the monitor switch in Cubase is not engaged? The only difference i hear when tracking is i can hear my guitar strings vibrate loudly acoustically as i record at quiet volumes.

• Probably what you'd rather do is to change the output assignments.
    Consider that if you have you outputs set to Mix (1 and 2) you have the direct signal coming from the input together with the signal coming from daw outputs. The result might be confusing since you get two guitar signals which are 4 or 5 ms far from each other.
    I get best results in terms of sound when i set a direct monitoring in the saffire mix.
    I mean Input 1 to output 1 (for example).

While recording you'd rather assign Daw 1 and Daw 2 to you monitor outs (and not the Mix 1 and 2), so you avoid issues give to the slight latency between the direct monitoring and the monitoring thru the DAW.
    I hope it helps, unfortunately i haven't my saffire here with me so i cannot post you a picture with the settings i'm suggesting.

• Thnaks!!!! I did what you told and everything got better but there's still a small difference, I think that is because when I'm playing I hear a small kind of latence....
    so the punch sensation is not 100% the same as listening the recording...must be that....maybe also is happening the fact that you also hear your guitar's strings while recording
    and then later not....who knows!
    still looking for the proper way!!!!!!

• Try lowering the buffer settings to the lower level before having clips/pops/crackles in order to have a lower latency.
    Otherwise you can try with a small mixer to send direct signal+backing tracks to the monitors. And try to record to an higher frequency rate (at least on logic i get a lower latency).

By the way tomorrow I'll probably have better ideas :)