Posts by gusgusbcn

I know the kemper deeply, input sense clean, space parameters, etc...three years with it...so it must be the monitors...(15 years...too much??)

The sound in the monitors with the hi gain profiles is better and similar than HP. The problem is in the clean tones, they seem distant, out of fase, no punch....in te HP, the sound is tremendous and good. I tweaked input sense, I moved the monitors, tried different connections, direct, spdif, line...all the same bad effect....The funny thing is hat when I listen to a recorded clean sound that sounds bad while I play, it sound as good as with HP...so the problem is WHILE I'M PLAYING, just there...

Do you feel the same thing????

hello!

I use a AKG 240MKii with my Kemper, with more than good results. The sound is amazing, punch, round sound, perfect tone. The amps are there, you can almost feel the cab's wood... :rolleyes:

When I use the same sound with my monitors (EVENT TR-8 in a small but semi-conditioned home studio) the sound is a little different. No punch. No wood. 8| Some gain sounds are OK but the cleans (Two-rock, fender o vox sounds) they loose the punch completely. Maybe my monitors (woofer 8") are too much for my room.?... should I try others with a smaller drive...5 o 6"... will they have more punch?

I am used to play while listening the real strings, so this is not my problem as some suggested here, on another themes.
    I also play with real amps in the same room and they sound amazing so the room is OK....

Is there any studio monitors that sound the same than a good headphone with monitor character as aka or audio Technica or Beyer do with the kemper? Is this a normal effect playing with studio monitors? (when I record and listen then the same sound is a little better... even with the same monitors...crazy??') X/8o

muchas gracias!!!!

Agus.

Well, this morning made a try woth the vox handwired cabinet which mounts a Celestion Blue Alnico and the result was ver good too. Firts I played the Blackstar alone with the cabinet and won deep and feeling, it seems to be even more vintage and warm tone.

Then I connected again my KPA through the amp's effect loop and the result was good, but at home I think it sounds better with the 10" Celestion cab from Blackstar stack.
    I've been playing Andy's stuff...amazing! some vox stuff too, some bogners (shiva and XTC) woooow
    At beedroom levels it sounds way better than with my EVENT TR8 studio monitors, more real amp in the room sounds, organic and not cheap sound at all

I say it again: I am very happy!

Hi!!
    Last night was for me really the end of the world and the beginnig of a new era! I put my kemper through the Blackstar ht5 head with the Celestion 10" speaker and I was amazed because the kemper sounded awesome, punchy, clear, round, warm and dynamic!!! I am very happy!
    Today I will try with another 1x12 vox blue alnico cabinet sure it's gonna be even better (or maybe not

Hi

I connect my KPA via SPDIF to a focusrite Saffire Pro 24 and a pair of Event TR8 monitors, and when I shut up the machine, while is still on the 46 seconds of powering up I CAN HEAR AN AMAZING AMP DISTORTED TONE that dissapears when the KPA starts to work default (last) profile is charged...
    Are you having the same issue or not?

Please help!!! the sound I hear has more punch and realistic characteristics than most of my profiles, and it seems that I can't find it then....

Only happens via spdif, via line in or connected with no spdif it sounds anything of course...have you adviced the same?
    thanks!

Thnaks!!!! I did what you told and everything got better but there's still a small difference, I think that is because when I'm playing I hear a small kind of latence....
    so the punch sensation is not 100% the same as listening the recording...must be that....maybe also is happening the fact that you also hear your guitar's strings while recording
    and then later not....who knows!
    still looking for the proper way!!!!!!

any idea?

in other words: do you listen the same exactly sound when recording and when listening this recording and no playing?

recorded sounds seems to sound much much better....

must be a monitoring configuration issue?

Hi!
    I profiled this amp in my room, I am the profiler, I made it with very very bad conditions, a shure SM57 and low volume. But I think the result is very good from what I expected.
    and yes, I put a lot of compression and the cabinet volume is very high....you probably need to low down pick attack a little and compressor a little more and there's the exact copy
    of this amazing tube amp...:)
    thank u!

Hi!

Have been using KPA since april. I was happy but a problem came the first time I recorded my KPA into cubase...I discovered I wasn't having all the expierence, just like when
    you need glasses, and you don't know it, and then the doctor gives you the proper glasses to you and say ooooaaaa! 8):|

My problem is:

What I here from my monitors playing with the kemper is very different, and worse, than what I hear that playing, what I record, with exactly the same configuration in cubase. I play when I record with a sound that is just ok,
    and then when I listen to the recording track, everything in the recording is much more better...more punch, more definition, more clarity, 8o more subtle aspects that I don't hear when I'm playing...it seems
    like someone puts a thin wall between me and the monitors when I play!

I have checked all the drivers and the saffire mix control software :huh: but I can't find why is so so so different. ( :rolleyes: lucky because what I record is better, but when I don't wanna record just enjoy playing I don't
    get this amazing round sound!!! ;(;(;( ) HEEEELP!!!!!

I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, several guitars, high quality cables, two macs and my monitors are the EVENT TR8, where I listen to the kemper and to my recordings with cubase.

Any idea of what I am doing wrong????

Cheers!!!! enjoy!!! thank u!