Beginner Questions + best tone from my new kemper

• Hello guys, :)
    I just bought the KPA and i have a few questions.

I played my Kemper through JBL LSR308 Studio Monitors and I really enjoyed the sound of it, but when I plugged in my Headphones the tone was warmer, fuller, more natural and just closer to a real amp.
    Is it normal that the Kemper sounds "better" through Headphones (when looking at tone) or can I do anything to improve the Sound through the Monitors (especially a warmer tone would be nice (its a little bit of scratchy)). Maybe get other Monitors?

Another question:
    Should i crank up the monitors as loud as possible (and lower volume on Kemper) or should i lower the volume on the monitors (and crank the Master on the Kemper up) or should i do something in between? Basically I want to know at which Volumestage Active Monitors sound best. (Low, Medium or High)

I wish a wonderful day to all of you :thumbup:

• You might be clipping the monitors.
    Try and set the Profiler's Output you're using to -20 dB from the Output men.
    Another common issue is that the positioning of monitors in the room (walls, corners) may enforce some nasty frequencies; sometimes it's just the room that sounds bad. But the most common thing when it comes to positioning the cabs is the surface they are put on: typically a desk. Try for a moment with a ... pillow, or something completely different (not a resonating surface, no wood, no metal etc). This will be you revealing test.
    Also, check that the Monitor Output (or the Main Output, depending on what you're using) EQ are flat.

Let us know! :)

• K thx. I think i kind of fixed it. Still imo the Headphones sound quite a bit better. They have more Power (especially Low end) and they growl really nice when i play low riffage and the monitors dont quite do it.. As i said the Monitors sound really nice too.. But only the headphone really feels like a real amp.. maybe i got to get used to monitors :)

• Nice!
    I'd advise you to visit an audio store with your Profiler and try some medium-to-high end PA cabs. You would get a different perspective on cabs, since all of them sound quite differently from each other. Also try other HPs... so you could fill in some blanks :)

• Active cabs are affected by the room and by the surface where they are placed, HPs are affected by the user's head and by the HP amp's impedance... That's why I suggested that it's maybe that specific pair of HPs that sounds great on your head, and to you :)

Anyway, I'd check that the EQ in the Output menu is flat for the monitors, it has already happened that it was not, thus affecting how the cabs sounded :)

• The same happens to me....the KPA with my AKG240mkii headphones are amazing but when I play thru the monitors (EVENT TR8) the same profile....oh s..it...the magic is gone. no punch....

• It's the bottom-end response (always positive for me... er... delete that...) that probably matters most here, 'Shredder.

You mentioned low-end power earlier, and that was my first guess anyway when I pictured your situation.

Accurate mid range is critical for tone, and your monitors may be a little weak in that area.