Performance via MIDI parameters

• To allow the user to use the performance mode via a foot controller, it would be nice, if there would be midi commands for that, e.g.:

Select Performance (to directly select a certain performance)
    Select next Performance (to switch to the next performance via one increase button)
    Select previous Performance (to switch to the previous performance via one decrease button)
    Select Rig 1 (to select the Rig 1 of the current performance, should already be available according to basics & profiling manual, but I didn't see it in the midi parameter documentation of the reference manual)
    Select Rig 2 (to select the Rig 2 of the current performance)
    Select Rig 5

So on the foot controller, Bank+ and Bank- could be mapped to the next Performance and previous Performance codes. An external midi source could (together with changing e.g. all sounds on the keyboard on the same midi and so on) select the correct values for one song directly. The main switches on the foot controller can be mapped to Select Rig 1 till Rig 5.

As I see the main reason for using a foot controller instead of the interface on the front of the Kemper in being able to easily switch your guitars sound during a concert (neither in a studio, nor for finding your perfect sound) I would see this as a proper implementation of the Performance mode.

As the performance mode (according to manual basics & profiling) and the midi interface (according to reference manual) are already available, I would guess that compared to a lot of other wishes, the effort for implementation is comparable low.

Kemper Stage

• I would first of all wait for the performance mode to be available and see what it does and how it does it. Nobody knows exactly what functions/setup will have.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

Edited once, last by guitarnet70 ().

• Well, than it makes no sense to ask for additional features, I would say. First the promised needs to be implemented...

Duly and previously noted...many times.

Having said that, my guess is that the release of the "performance mode" will coincide with the release of the Kemper foot controller. My guess - NAMM 2012....IOW this coming January.