Hi Andy,what mic pre do you use?

• I've already bought all of your bundles, and I must say thay're great!

Can you give me some Infos about what micpre do you use?

I have a unit of Chandlar TG2 Preamp, It's very cool for recording guitar amps. Do you have ever tried it?

• This explains the great low end on all the profiles :)

well that and the fact that I'm a great fan of rear cab micing, especially with a 121, always behind, never upfront...
    and its going into digital so warmer the better. - with the rear mic and a warm sounding Mic upfront blended with a neutral mic (TC30) - you can really capture the amp in room feeling, well sort of at least..makes things bit more 3D. YMMV of course.,

I do love Neve stuff. if I had my way I'd have a neve desk.. unfortunately the bank account says "hey, NO way" - also like API stuff too, or Greenrocket britPre's got them both too. and the EMI Chandler stuff is very nice, especially for the floydy stuff, and accoustics. (wow) for accoustic btw!

well that and the fact that I'm a great fan of rear cab micing, especially with a 121, always behind, never upfront...

Yes, it definitely has the rear cab mic blended sound - it's great. Always much easier to remove bottom end if you don't need it ... than add it if it lacks.

Neve desks are lovely, but realistically they're only going to be owned by educational institutions in the years to come. Large format console ownership is a very slippery slope :)

The way the Kemper works is interesting ... I've actually wondered what would happen if you threw in some other outboard gear. I've considered trying an 1176 in the chain and seeing if it affected how a profile played or reacted dynamically...