Why are there SO MANY profiles in our pack's - and how to handle them?

• In case I would use a real Diezel VH4 what would I do?

I plug my guitar and tweak a great sound for each channel - done.
    So I need 4 Diezel VH4 profiles.

Then I could add a few effects and sell this profiles ....
    I would save a lot of time!

But I don't - why?

Because one sample (profile) of each channel is by far not what the amp can create.
    Yes, the KPA has some knobs to tweak (gain, EQ, ...) - but the amp sound VERY different when profiled at Gain 10:00 or 15:00.
    Even in case you would use the KPA gain knob to dial the same amount of gain - it sounds VERY different!

The same is true for the EQ - the EQ on most real amps sound VERY different compared to the KPA EQ.

So what is my solution?

I profile the amp at different gain settings - e.g.
    Gain 9:00, 10:00, .... 17:00
    By selecting these profiles you hear the real amps gain settings.

I do this not only one time - for the Diezel I profiled channel 2-4 with 4 different tone stack settings - for each gain level (see above).

There are tone stack settings for universal use (flat), scooped, mid boosted (lead), treble boosted.

A profile is named like this:
    DZL C3 13 120715

DZL = Diezel
    C3 = Channel 3
    13 = Gain at 13:00
    120715 = Bass/Mid/Treble (Bass=12:00, Mid=07:00, Treble=15:00)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Ok, what next?

Connect your guitar and select some great profiles - save them as favorites.

Do the same with all of your guitars.

Now you'll get a few profiles which work fine for your taste, style, guitar, used monitor ...

You may end with a few profiles only (maybe 10) - but these are YOUR profiles.
    Feel free to fine tune them with the many KPA options - add effects - done.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• Thank you, this will help me to get out of misery. Right, misery. A great device, but I've feel being drowned in profiles and sounds. To many options - to many good sounds.
    The art is in the reduction.

Labrat

• Great Info,and how about the power amp , I saw that in your MKV Combo profiles you have different drive setting on the power tubes.It does make a big differens in the sound.

LTD WA-600
    Cort Bass
    Kemper
    Roland Quad Capture
    M-Audio BX5a

• Yes, some amps have more than one power option - then I checked if it sounds different - in most cases does more power sound louder with the real thing - but makes not this big difference after profiling.

The diode / tube rectifier settings sound different with the real thing too - but I can't hear a big difference when I profile it - I think the Kemper can not detect this - this has to be dialed in with the advanced settings in the amp block (sag).

So if you like some 'tube rectifier' feel - turn the sag knob - done.