Camper 212 arrived!!

• Thx for sharing your thoughts and congratulations!

I'm particularly curious how the 212 compares to the RCF NX 12. Even the 112 vs. the RCF for that matter. I have been trying to decide whether I want to get 2 FRFR monitors (e.g., Adams), 1 RCF NX 10, or an amp solution like the Camper. I'm leaning towards the later two options right now. I only play for home entertainment and would like to be able to jam with others (not in a gig environment though). Not even sure if I really need to be able to play over a drummer.

Any thoughts on this vs. the RCF per the above?

thx!

• Due to the bigger case and the double bass channel it has at least 20 Hz more on the lowest range, good news for all people playing drop tunings or 7 strings guitars.

Thanks for the review! But to this I must say that when you have a tuning that produces naturally more low end, to stay tight you need an amp that produces less boomy low end, not more.

I have a bit of a similar question as stompman above, how does it compare to a FRFR active PA speaker in general?

• Well, it is NOT full range. Actually they do not compare because they are different gears for different purposes. Think at it like a 212 combo amp that allows you to leave the cab sim on. The RCF gives me the same kind of sound as my monitors, just louder (ok, also better due to the 12"). An amp and guitar Cab gives me a fantastic sound with the trade off of using only 1 cab (though the Cab Driver makes a very good job). With the Camper you get to leave the Cab on and still have an Amp-like sound instead of a PA sound.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• It get's near, without sounding hi-fi. It has his own signature but in a good way. Is like playing with amp and cab with the cab being a lot more flexible then a guitar cab will ever be. Is warm and full and pushy...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• How 'bout a Camper 412? :P

This is great for guys living in Germany or Europe, but for KPA owners on the other side of the world, what we want is just the poweramp that fits into the KPA...we'll choose the cabinet and speakers.
    You can't ship a cabinet (even a 1x12) all over the world, the shipping costs are more than the powered cabinet itself.

• This is great for guys living in Germany or Europe, but for KPA owners on the other side of the world, what we want is just the poweramp that fits into the KPA...we'll choose the cabinet and speakers.
    You can't ship a cabinet (even a 1x12) all over the world, the shipping costs are more than the powered cabinet itself.

Hi,

I was surprised about the quite affordable shipping cost to "far away from Germany" countries.
    Here is a small list of shipping cost for a Camper 112 to such countries :

Australia : 79,- Euro
    Canada : 66,- Euro
    South Africa : 79,- Euro
    Trinidad Tobago : 89,- Euro
    USA : 66,- Euro

If you compare this to a near by country like Belgium ,with 23,- Euro,....it does not cost that much more to countries on the other side of the disc ^^ I think.
    Please forgive me if I did not mention the country you live in. I just choose the far away ones we had requests from so far.

Tilman

• Those prices are extremely cheap indeed!

Provided you guys will be able to build a reasonable support service worldwide (I guess a single, specialized laboratory per nation (in convention of course) would be enough to make people relax LOL), this could be the starting of something...

My best wishes guys!

• I've forgotten to mention that this thing is dead silent, I mean REALLY silent. No hiss at all, you don't even notice is on 'till you hit the first chord.

Going to rehearsal with the all band this evening and leaving the RCF off. I'm sure they'll be happy that I finally show up with something that looks like an amp. Lol!

• Tilman or Gitarrenschlumpf.......I've seen the video but still wondering.....is the Camper 212 suitable for metal? I have a 7 string and I do some drop tuning stuff. Just wanted to make sure before I make a final decision on things. The weight of the unit looks fine as I don't want to carry anything heavier.