Loud hiss upon startup

• Is this behavior normal? Every time I turn my KPA on, after the boot sequence it makes a loud hiss which then slowly fades away as soon as I start playing. The reason I ask is to know if this indicates I need to follow one of the reset procedures (already performed the system reset) like the flash memory wipe. I've only got the Kemper for a few days, its DSP is from November if I'm not mistaken and as soon as I unboxed it I've installed FW 1.54.

• Do you have the NG engaged?

My input section is unlocked so NG is engaged on a per-patch basis, IIRC I've been turning it off completely on cleans and leaving it at around 1-2 for crunch and lead rigs. But what happens doesn't seem related to the noise gate, as soon as the boot process is over and the current profile is loaded there's a loud hiss that after a few seconds slowly fades away and from that point on the unit is silent and operates normally.

• Funny....must be the little green mens in the Kemper hurrying to get up and running.... :D
    Seriously, no idea, I've just tried on my one and it does not do it, but I'm on another FW version.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Is what I use with the Camper and no hiss.... ?(

Now I'm starting to worry that I got a bad unit :(

Just out of curiosity, what do you use for monitoring your KPA? I'm connecting it to a QSC K10, which is known for emphasizing high end so depending on your setup you might not hear it as much hiss as I do.

• I now use the Camper 212 that cuts at 10.000hz, but before I was using a RCF NX12sma that tend to hiss and I've still not heard it...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff