change midi rig number on PC editing or faster way

• HI All
    Is it possible to rearrange your midi numbers for the 128 rigs you have with selected midi numbers while on your PC using the 7-zip program. It is very time consuming changing numbers on the kemper as you have to assign the rig over another rig and then go get the rig you just wrote over from the library and assign it to another location. To rearrange my jumbled 128 rigs will take me so long on the kemper. Anyone got a fast way of rearranging midi numbers.

• I could be wrong but I believe the open source free profile editor supports midi assignments. Everyone here whined about lack of editing tools, a forum member created the software. Many verified it works....then everyone moved on to grumbling about other things or back to playing guitar. ?(

• Hi,

A short answer : if you already performed some midi assignments, at the root of a backup, you should find a file "MIdiAssignments.xml
    You can edit it, change program numbers.

It is an xml file, and thus can be edited, the lines look the following one :

<slot num="7" name="">{DOCUMENTS}/KemperAmp/Rigs/Fischers Sold 100 - 2011-10-07 17-03-42.kipr</slot>

Here "7" is the program number, and "Fischers Sold 100 - 2011-10-07 17-03-42.kipr" is the associated rig.

So if XX is the midi program number and YY is the rig file name you can add the following line in this file :

<slot num="XX" name="">{DOCUMENTS}/KemperAmp/Rigs/YY.kipr</slot>

I noticed that when restoring the factory rigs , such a file is created, it can be used as a starting point.

I personally have several files like this one (rock.xml, heavy.xml, clean.xml, crunch.xml) .
    If I want to have only clean rigs part of the midi assignments, i copy clean.xml to MidiAssignments.xml in the backup root directory, then i restore the backup, that's all

I hope this can help,
    Laurent

Laurent

• Hello Laurent,
    I have just tried to get the MidiAssignments.xml for editing. I have made some midi assigments in my kemper, created a backup and went to my mac with the USB stick. There is a file called "<some timestamp ...>.kpabackup".
    I have no MidiAssigments.xml in the same folder.

Did I get something wrong here? Is the file included in the backup file somehow?

Would be great if you could help?

Thanks a lot,
    Horst