Setting up a standard FCB 1010

• Hi Fellow Kemper-ers

I've had mine a week and it sounds fantastic, was always a Line 6 man but this thing is in another league.

I'm hoping someone can help me here. From reading on here I know a lot of people are using a UNO chipped FCB 1010. A friend on mine lent me his standard FCB 1010 to use with the kemper until they release their pedal. I've read all the threads on here about setting the FCB 1010 UNO chipped version up with the kemper using PC program's etc, but mine is standard and I'm having great problems.

All I want my pedal to do is change program ( I can get it to do this) and for the wah expression pedal to work. This is where i'm stuck. From reading on here I need it to send cc#1 for the pedal to work but this means nothing to me????? Do I have to set anything up in the kemper as well or can the standard FCB 1010 not perform this function.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can put me in the right direction :) :)

• You don't have to change anything in the KPA as the midi cc's are fix.
    Everything has to be programmed in the FCB which is a major PITA really.
    Therefore I always recommend using the editor from lg-fcb.com which makes programming of the FCB a lot easier.

Thanks for chiming in I've been using this http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm to programme the FCB 1010 do I make the expression pedal In this editor on and what number do I set the controller to. When I've programmed do I press transmit sysex. I probably sound very new to this which I am, ive never programmed this kind of thing before so I'm learning a we go :thumbup:

• Please please help!!!!!!!!!!

I've put the FCB in global config mode loaded up FCB1010 midi editor. In the midi editor I've turned expression pedal on controller I've assigned to number 1 minimum is set to 0 maximum set to 127 pressed transmit sysEx and still the wah does not work with the kemper!!!!!!!!

I'm getting very frustrated. Is there anyone out there who can HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been driving me mad for over a week now. I'm new to midi I've read all the posts on here watched all the YouTube vids and still I'm stuck

Please please please HELP ?(

• You have to assign controls on the FCB1010 and Assign effects on the Kemper. Unless things have changed, here is the basic CC mapping of the Kemper:

Wah Pedal - MIDI CC #1
    Volume Pedal - MIDI CC #7
    Stomp A - MIDI CC #17
    Stomp B - MIDI CC #18
    Stomp C - MIDI CC #19
    Stomp D - MIDI CC #20
    Stomp X - MIDI CC #23
    Stomp MOD - MIDI CC #24
    Delay - MIDI CC #27
    Reverb - MIDI CC #29

So, set whatever FCB pedal you want to CC #1 AND set up a wah in one of the effect slots. I prefer to choose the control option of the effect to engage whenever the pedal is moved. If your FCB is not receiving the data from your computer, you need to read the help file for the editor your using.

• Check that the wah is set to operate with the pedal and not with touch or some other mode.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff