good high gain sounds on kemper

• Just got my kemper last week for use in the studio and live.
    so far all the high gain patches sound pretty flat and dull, i have downloaded the ola and merrow triple rec and 5150 patches and they sound pretty poor through my senheisser hd416 cans.
    buying a matrix power amp next week to use the kemper with through a cab. I am hoping this will sound better than through headphones and i hope direct to front of house does not sound like the sound i get through my cans.
    I know this unit is supposed to be great and i sold my axe fx 2 to get this but so far i am a little underwhelmed :( The clean and mid gain tones are gorgeous however but.... i dont use them often.

• If your cab is half-way decent and you get the smoking Matrix - you should report back. I am happy with a GT1000FX and a 2x12 ZIlla Cab (mixed V30 and K100)

I have Sennheisers HD280 Pro's but cans dont cut it for me except with some crossfeed (via S/PDIF into Cubase with Jeroen Breebaart's VST Isone is my preferred method)

Be patient Grashopper.

Welcome to Kemperland btw ! :D

• I have so many amazing high-gain rigs, that often I cannot decide which one to use.
    ENGL670SE, Mesa Mark IV/V/Rectifier, EVH III, 5150, Bogner Ectasy/Uberschall, Fortin Mod Marshall, Orange Dark Terror, etc, etc, etc.
    To my ears, they are all significantly better than the best tone I could ever achieve on my Axe Ultra. Not even close.

• gonna be running matrix as i think they are the best power amps for modellers anywhere.
    Also with zilla cab 2x12 Sfb model.
    however im not sure whether to go v30 k100 or some fr speakers.

• I have so many amazing high-gain rigs, that often I cannot decide which one to use.
    ENGL670SE, Mesa Mark IV/V/Rectifier, EVH III, 5150, Bogner Ectasy/Uberschall, Fortin Mod Marshall, Orange Dark Terror, etc, etc, etc.
    To my ears, they are all significantly better than the best tone I could ever achieve on my Axe Ultra. Not even close.

I have the ola dual and 5150 merrow and they dont sound great through cans at all. :(

so far all the high gain patches sound pretty flat and dull, i have downloaded the ola and merrow triple rec and 5150 patches and they sound pretty poor through my senheisser hd416 cans.
    buying a matrix power amp next week to use the kemper with through a cab. I am hoping this will sound better than through headphones and i hope direct to front of house does not sound like the sound i get through my cans.
    I know this unit is supposed to be great and i sold my axe fx 2 to get this but so far i am a little underwhelmed :( The clean and mid gain tones are gorgeous however but.... i dont use them often.

Grab a profile of an amp that you also like in the real world, then download my cab pack:
    Update 19.07.2012: TillS Cabinets - 1960 V30/T75 / Mesa Recto 4 x 12 / mixed / G12H30 cabs

Now try that amp with any cab in combination. Perhaps this will get you closer...

• Now try that amp with any cab in combination. Perhaps this will get you closer...

My mate found out his wife was leaving him via an answer phone message. He was broken until I played the message back through one of Till's cab. He never looked back.
    Everything sounds better through Till's cabs. Fact. Sort of.

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

Add the Tills cabs to your Kemper...I thought everyone knew this already? ?(

I've never heard a guitar amp sound good through headphones unless I've smoked a joint first. :thumbup:

• :D Yeah i dont enjoy the sound through my HD650's and they are really good cans which i love listening too and mixing with. Sounds way better through my shitty monitors even though id trust my headphones far more for mixing etc. I'm excited to hear the improvement when I get better monitors. Ive also tweaked many of the profiles slightly for my setup (lowering the bass mainly) and im getting pretty good tones now i think. However, I wouldnt mind the poweramp too so i can use my boogie 4x12, seems like a proper KPA one for the back isnt happening. I think you'll have a great setup, I was reading something from Misha and he loved the Fatboy. Let me know how you get on if you would, i love my mesa and 4x12 but im fed up with carrying it around! :)

• My mate found out his wife was leaving him via an answer phone message. He was broken until I played the message back through one of Till's cab. He never looked back.
    Everything sounds better through Till's cabs. Fact. Sort of.

LOL, just wait for the KPA Fleshlight addon, you´ll never have to leave your house again :rolleyes: