direct out with cab off

• not sure if that was requested already, but in order to plug the kemper to a stereo power amp (having the master go to the pa) I would like to use not only the monitor out but even the direct out with cab off.

so the feature requested would be to have the cab off even in the direct out

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• If you are not using the KPA on the PA, but only with amp/cab, you can shut the cabinet off and lock it for the whole gig ;)

noob, it is not the same!
    If you are i the rehearsal and tweek any rig and save, it will get saved with the locked cab. So before you now it you will have the same cab on all your rigs.
    To bad to come home to your studio monitor and finde out that you have fuck up all your perfect rigs.

+1000 for direct out as monitor with the cab off function :) .

• another thing you will miss when locking one cab to all your rigs is that small amount off the different cab sound you hear even when cab is off.

Try to press cabinet and turn off cab, then try browse between different cab. then you will hear the sound change a little with every cab even when it is switch off.

When using main out with stereo amp/cab setup the only way is to save all you rigs with cab off before playing, and of cause set them on again when you get home ?(

• Hi Jymmino........you're right: if using the kemper not on the pa, yours is one way to go. but in this case why bother the monitor or direct out? I would go out directly from the master output.

instead, I want to go from master out to the pa thus cab on, but want to listen my guitar from a guitar system like mesa power amp and 2 speakers. if I go out from the monitor out I have cab off but will lose the stereo. and even if I don't care about the stereo, I will have to split the monitor out cable to fit two input of the mesa boogie.

if the direct out has the cab off as well I would then have the best of both worlds.

don't know if I could be clear.........

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• I got you, Michael. I'm pretty convinced that top flexibility is a necessary feature of the kpa.
    At this moment you have to use a small mixer or a splitter from the monitor out, while loosing the stereo fx, unfortunately.
    I was just suggesting a temporary solution till this feature might be implemented ;)

• yes Jimmyno. I have been talking about it in the "questions" forum. some suggested an y cable. some other a splitter.........next wek I'll have a minute time to figure it out........

• This would assume 4 separate sound process going on at the same time (L/R, Cab on/off) .... I would als love it for home fun (on stage I'm always mono), but I wonder whether it can be done...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I hope Chris can fix this!
    even my old Rocktron from the 90s can turn the spkr sim on, ore out both ways . Can have spkr sim on left and without, on right channel. I need to have my sound from kemper, with spk sim thrue the PA and without in my rivera stereo amp effect loop with two cabinets.Every thing should be stereo.So the effects from Kemper is in stereo.

• let's see if something can be taken into consideration.

maybe in the next gigs I'll try to exit the monitor out and direct ouot having one channel with cab on and the other with cab off. maybe, even with cab on the sound is ok. will let you know.

michael

• Hey all!

I just found this threat and I like to join into the group of requesters for a full stereo monitor out with cab-driver and/or the option to switch of the cabs in the monitor without cab-driver. (Three options: 1. cabs on / 2. Cab-Driver / 3. No cabs at all)

Thx

• FYI:
    I requested cabdriver for both monitor out and direct out quite a while ago.
    The summary of the conversation was that it's not likely to happen as the cabdriver calculation is quite demanding.

The consequence is: if you MUST have your signal in stereo on stage you have to go FRFR.
    One monitor output with cabdriver and the other without doesn't appeal to me.

• I definitely stick to monitor our/direct out with cab off possibility. Would be incredible......and I'm dreaming of something in addition: master out L+R to the pa, monitor and direct out with cab off to my mesa power amp and speakers, and finally placing 2 sm57 in front of my speakers to have another 2 sound perspective.......can I dream it?

• May I ask what is cabdriver ?

Surf here and scroll down:
    http://kemper-amps.com/page/re…lifier___Latest_News.html

Cabdriver is the name of the feature introduced in 1.5 that when you tick 'Cab Off' in monitor out menu the cab is not simply switched off but some important characteristics of it and the inhering amp is retained. It's a genius feature NO OTHER UNIT has.
    And it hasn't got enough praise yet IMO.

• Surf here and scroll down:
    http://kemper-amps.com/page/re…lifier___Latest_News.html

Cabdriver is the name of the feature introduced in 1.5 that when you tick 'Cab Off' in monitor out menu the cab is not simply switched off but some important characteristics of it and the inhering amp is retained. It's a genius feature NO OTHER UNIT has.
    And it hasn't got enough praise yet IMO.

Cab driver link not working, (tried to use www.)
    You can read about it on the kemper home page, News, scroll down.