Flat response speakers any suggestions?

• +1
    Used my Mustang III for the first time during rehearsal last night and was surprisinlgy good!! Might use this live as my stage monitor solution instead of my RCF 310 in the future. Plus this gives me a decent backup in case anything should go wrong with the KPA.

Cheers,
    Markus

• I agree that cabdriver is a great feature! When I use my 2x12 Avatar with Heritage G12H and G12M it sounds amazing but it is still far from what i send to the FOH... So what I'm looking for is a solution as near as possible between FOH and stage with the guitar cab feel. Of course I don't want to mike the cab. ;)

• I'd also consider Atomic's last product, the CLR. I believe they have a lot to say, if you're willing to spend that money. Both active and passive. They're said to unleash all the "modellers"' power w\o sounding sterile.
    First items are already shipping and will certainly be at NAMM

• I'd also consider Atomic's last product, the CLR. I believe they have a lot to say, if you're willing to spend that money. Both active and passive. They're said to unleash all the "modellers"' power w\o sounding sterile.

Atomic CLR, Matrix q12a and KPA-Solutions 112CX are all interesting products but I stay on the fence because there are not much feedbacks yet.

On Kempers FB page it says Atomic, and their CLR, will be in the same booth, along with Kemper.
    All hooked up to the Kemper Rack for everyone's playing enjoyment. :thumbup:

• I'd recommend taking a look at the Alto TS112A and TS110A, Will Chen has a 112 and can speak from first hand experience, I'm probably going to take my KPA to a store tomorrow and try one myself. They're affordable and according to their specs seem to be among the flattest response speakers out there.

And here's something important to consider: prefer speaker without DSP, as the ones with it usually introduce their own latency (the QSC K series has 2ms).

If the Matrix was available in my country I'd seriously consider it, as well as the CLR from Atomic. And I would also consider the built in amp from Kemper, since even the smallest venues I've gigged in have a guitar cabinet available for guitarists.

• If the Matrix was available in my country I'd seriously consider it, as well as the CLR from Atomic. And I would also consider the built in amp from Kemper, since even the smallest venues I've gigged in have a guitar cabinet available for guitarists.

Would you consider them just by Internet reviews? Both firms have shown to be really helpful when it comes to work "custom" situations out... a PM to both might reserve some unexpected good news ;)

• Would you consider them just by Internet reviews? Both firms have shown to be really helpful when it comes to work "custom" situations out... a PM to both might reserve some unexpected good news ;)

That's a very interesting piece of information, thanks! I'm used to buying things based solely on review information, that's basically the only option I have for a lot of gear where I live, so yes I'd consider them of course. Although like I've mentioned in my previous post I'm planning on going to a store nearby and give the Alto TS112A a try today, if it sounds good there's a good chance I'll pick one up and in that case it's going to be a while before I look for another power amp/speaker solution.

• I'm on the waiting list for the CLR. Lets hope the first US reviews from players are as good as the ones i have read before. And of course they will be tested allot at the Kemper stand at NAMM.
    Looking forward to hearing from anyone that played them.

• I'm on the waiting list for the CLR. Lets hope the first US reviews from players are as good as the ones i have read before. And of course they will be tested allot at the Kemper stand at NAMM.
    Looking forward to hearing from anyone that played them.

Please let us know your impression when you get the CLR! :D

Is there any european reviews already? Never heard of any review until now.

• for info about the clr stuff this might be a good starting point: tgp - clr START AT THE END!
    if here's anyone with a tgp account, maybe one could ask, how much latency the dsp powered corrections in the active clr are introducing...? thanks.

• That's a very interesting piece of information, thanks! I'm used to buying things based solely on review information, that's basically the only option I have for a lot of gear where I live, so yes I'd consider them of course. Although like I've mentioned in my previous post I'm planning on going to a store nearby and give the Alto TS112A a try today, if it sounds good there's a good chance I'll pick one up and in that case it's going to be a while before I look for another power amp/speaker solution.

I feel you :)
    As for me, the hype around those products (specially the Atomic) is so high I'd wait anyway to hear more about them. Possibly, never such an innovative product has been released in this price frame.
    This is maybe because I highly consider Mr. Mitchell's skills... Another reason probably being (and I'm not referring to you specifically here :)) that I've never given too much weight to those who say "I don't see how it would be any better than this...". Probably because I believe that reality always overcomes imagination ;)

Anyway, should you consider PMing the guys, be frank about the delivery cost and taxes issue... could be worth trying 8)

• Isn't the EVM12L a flat response speaker, relatively speaking? Besides being a favored guitar cabinet speaker I seem to recall they've also been used in PA cabinets. Its also known to be very heavy and rated at 200W.

PRS: DGT
    Soldano: SLO-100
    Mesa: Black/Gold 3/4-Back 1x12 Mesa "Black Shadow" Celestion C90 Cabinets
    TC Electronic: Nova System