Any DI profiling tips for a newbie?

• Do any of the the more experienced users out there have are any tips/advice for capturing DI profiles?
    Heres the best profile of the many attempts so far..
    Flexi-50 ..
    How hard should I push the return level? The amps a THD Flexi50 and is very touch sensitive (its best feature imo) but i'm struggling to capture the attack and cleanup with git vol knob with a DI profile...

my rig is:
    [Blocked Image: http://www.thefreemusiclabel.com/storage/Pictures/Brad%20Green/kemp%20thd.jpg]

I like the profile I have.. but i know it can be done to reflect the amps clean up more accurately.. I just dont know how!

any advice appreciated..

• can't help you with the DI-profiles, sorry..but I wonder if it is the Bivalve at the bottom? I had one of those a few years ago but now I only have the THD 2x12 cab. could you do some profiles of the Bivalve too? I'd like to try it with my cab. a few different gainsettings would be great

• Imo the best way to capture DI profiles is to use a DI Box between your speaker out and your cab and just profile that sound. The Behringer GI-100 is cheap and totally ok for that.

http://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_gi100_ultra-g.htm

Be sure to get a DI Box that can handle speaker level signals...

• Is there a way to tell the Kemper I'm profiling an amp DI only and not through a cab?

I guess what I'm having trouble getting my head around is profiling a pure amp DI so I can add a virtual cab later. When I capture a DI profile now it always turns the "cab" button on as part of the profiling process. The end result sounds dead nuts like my DI signal which is great, but the kemper assumes this is the real amp through cab sound. Does that make any sense? kind of confusing to explain. i can try to explain it 2 ways:

- If I turn the "cab" button off of my DI capture it removes a cab that was never there and sounds even more spikey than the true DI signal..
    - Adding a virtual cab doesn't come out right either as it first removes the cab it thinks is there (but there is none) then adds the new cab settings in its place. All the dynamics of the original DI are now destroyed.

I'm sure I'm missing a simple setting or button press somewhere! I suspect I'm going to feel stupid when I hear the solution..

Thanks!

• Hi!
    I have made all my profiles just like this:

Profiling preamp: KPA>input of amp>back to KPA (just from line output)
    Profiling an amp with poweramp: KPA>input of amp>DI box (dumploadbox connected to real cab)>KPA

After profiling I have just took KPA:s CAB off and make some minor tweaking in an amp section (if needed).

Notice: I use KPA only like preamp with effects (KPA with cab off >tube stereo poweramp > real guitar cab)

But: based on feedback about my profiles they have been succesfully used by some people in this forum by adding different kind of cab simulations in KPA with them.

-Olli