did a global reset...........now a question...........

• Hello all. on the aftermath of the eternal discussion about how is the sound after the 1.6 I did today a global reset (turn on + system button on).

to be honest, I didn't hear any changes after the updating from 1.5.4 to 1.6 but to get rid of all doubts I did a reset anyways, just in case.

Frankly, I doubted there could be some bettering after the global resetting because my sounds were outstanding. gosh, in case they would have been better, oh my!!

indeed the sound of the kemper remained completely the same: outstanding!! By the way: I'm using and44 plexy.

now a question about page 1/9 of the system menu. I did a picture prior to reset and the line frequency was set to 50 Hz (auto). after the reset I set everything as it was before and when I go to line frequency I found it at 60 hz (auto). I moved it to 50 hz auto but after one second the value got back to 60 hz. tried several time but all the times the value goes back to 60 hz. is it normal?

all the best for now and thanks for helping

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Thanks guitarnet for the quick reply.
    I can dig the fact that when set to 50 and it detects 60 it'll switch to 60. But what does it do? What is this line frequency? Is it the Power currency hz data?

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• Is the refresh rate of the screen, if set differently to the power sourc you could see stripes on it

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• thanks again. but are you sure about the screen thing? I found something (I opened the thread while in my car and didn't have the manual with me) in the manual about it: page 53. it quotes the following.

line frequency: The soft knob “Line Frequency” lets you choose between a Line frequency of 50 or 60 Hz. The Noise Gate will use this setting to eliminate ground hum which frequency is based on the physical location the KPA is being used at. Auto 50 or Auto 60 will detect the Line frequency automatically while 50 or 60 can be used if the automatic detection fails.

so it has to do with the currency ground hum.

I power my kemper via a furman ar230 which provides a stable and constant 230 V no matter what.

could be this? I don't know: I have used the furman since the beginning and always had it at 50..........

I guess if I put on 60 auto or if it goes by himself to 60 as in my case I'll go to 50 whenever it likes.

at what value you have yours?

• Mine is fixed at 60 because I power it with a UPS....You could be well right, being on the page with the screen settings I've always assumed that was the refresh rate... you never stop to learn... :)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• well, it's 12.456 to 1 then because of all the thing I learned from you. ;)

ok so: yours at 60. where are you in Europe? I thought we had 50 in europe, especially in Italy. but you say that your ups gets the setting to 60. maybe it is the same case of mine using the furman power conditioner......

anyway, the most important thing is that it doesn't cause any harm on my KPA, right?