wacky effects

• First of all I've to say that Im very pleased with the sounds that the Kemper amp can provide.

What I miss though are some of the wacky effects that were on other units I had like the growler, humaniser

and reversed delay. A pitch shifter or at least a simple octaver would be welcome as well.

• Hey, welcome here :)

The fx pool in the KPA is going to grow in the future. Some interesting (and exclusive) fx have already been added, and other will come (if Kemper build them, they will come). some of these have been requested already (see the requests section on this forum).
    While not all of what you'd love to see will possibly happen, I'm sure there will be new enters in the KPA arsenal :)

• how's this for whacky?

Vowel Filter
    Rate Reducer
    Ring Modulator
    Frequency Shifter
    Bit Shaper
    Recti Shaper
    Soft Shaper
    Hard Shaper
    Wave Shaper

also, download rig pack 04.
    from the pdf:

FX Alien Bender
    A great source of deep, spacey drones. Low, sustained single notes turn into a big, vibrating cloud of sound that gets smoother over time. Chords start out dissonant, almost distorted, and evolve into ambient washes. The Frequency Shifter together with pre and post amp compression are the main ingredients here. Depending on your guitar and pickups, this rig might create quite a bit of low frequency content, so carefully check how the volume setting works for you and adjust if necessary.

FX Bad Cellphone
    A compressed, bit-crushed signal is fed into a dirty amp and heavily filtered. In fact, the Graphic EQ removes 12dBs from all bands while boosting 1250Hz by 9.5dBs. It sounds kinda like miking an amplifier with a cell phone with poor reception. Note how the sustain gets grainier and finally chokes. Useful for Intros, layering and break down parts.

FX BAR Fuzz Fays Lead
    A profile of the mighty Barnacle Fuzz, set to sound like a Fuzz Face on steroids. The post-amp stereo widener, compression and delay are all set to 'duck' out of the way of your playing, but to get bigger when you sustain a note or pause. Also great with the tone knob on your guitar turned all the way down.

FX Circuit Bent Amplotron
    If the Mars rover Curiosity would find an amplifier build by an ancient civilization on the red planet, I bet it would sound something like this. Soft Shaper, Bit Shaper and Rate Reducer age your signal by approximately 15,000 years and the touch wah post-amp gives it an alien vocal quality.

FX GT-1000 Nightmare
    Rate reduction and a ring modulator turn a 9V practice amp into the stuff that haunts you at night. Chords are edgy and grainy with a pumping compression, while higher single notes create tension with their metallic, insectoid shadows.

FX GT-1000 Wah Lead
    This fuzzy rig has a nice artificial quality to it that is further enhanced by the Wah Phaser and has surprisingly good definition and attack. Again, useful for Intros, layering and break down parts.

FX Martian Dub Step
    A low-pass filtered tremolo hits a distorting amp and the result is rectified for good measure. The infamous Dub Step 'Wobble' for your guitar. Try it with low power chords in drop D.

FX Multi AM Clean
    One tremolo and two ring modulators create a dense, bubbly, almost 3D-ish amplitude modulation. Arpeggiate suspended and add9 voicings with open strings for swirly, psychedelic goodness.

FX Pick Harmonics Lead
    The wah and mid-boost before the stack and the low- and high-pass filters post stack give you a thick and solid lead tone. When you really dig in, you can 'duck' the delay and reverb enough to give you a crunchy rhythm sound or make your singly note runs sound loud and clear. Then, if you play an artificial/pick harmonic, bend it and hold it - the delay and reverb will come in and enlarge this one note, giving it a dramatic quality.

Nikola Tesla did a lot of things, unfortunately, he never crossed one of his coil transformers with a bagpipe. The fuzzed and wave-shaped signal runs through a ring modulator tunes to the note 'A'. Forget chords - try single notes (e.g. Amin pentatonic) and enjoy the truly electric quality of your guitar.
    FX Tesla Bagpipe in A

• Theres certainly a lot of good effects in the KPA and I realise its a work in progress so there will be fine things to look out for,In the meantime for whacky pitchshifting and reversed delays I connected my old G Major 2 to the Kemper, In the stereo loop there was a noticable degradition of audioquality, Using the digital out though it sounded quite good. Analog gear in the mono loop worked very well too.