TheAmpFactory Pack4

• Old crow, well I'm probably buggered then as I'm 52!!!
    And the question more properly framed is do I modify the one I've got? I'm not experience with them to really know how to find a good one.
    :D
    Neil

• Old crow, well I'm probably buggered then as I'm 52!!!
    And the question more properly framed is do I modify the one I've got? I'm not experience with them to really know how to find a good one.
    :D
    Neil

You don't need to have much experience. Just go to a good guitar shop and play as much Les Pauls as you can. You will eventually spot the differences and since you seem to have an idea what you are going for soundwise (Kossoff and the likes) you will find one or two guitar that fits your need.

I've chosen my Custom Shop R8 out of probably 25 in three different stores. It really stood out for the qualities I wanted. You might be looking for different qualities and you'd probably choosen a different one from the 25 but trust me, you will find the one if you only go out and compare.

There is a downside to this method though: You might find the guitar you really want is way over the original budget ;) I originally planned to look for a USA standard Les Paul and I played even moren than 25 of them but I found I generally didn't like their sound when played through one of the Marshalls at the shop. So I went into the Custom Shop room in the back of the shop and I knew right away I was going to spent much more than I originally wanted...

• I spent a couple of hours last night redoing my Floyd rigs using the Gilmour profiles. While I've always preferred my KPA to my RP355 tonewise, before tonight I would've been ok going back to my RP355 without too much heartache. But now that I've experienced (virtually) playing through DG's actual amp, I don't think I can ever go back. Little nuances that I've been trying to capture with deep dive parameters, like the spitty, spongy sound of the amp being pounded by a Fuzz Face, now appear effortlessly. What I thought were shortcoming inherent in the KPA it turns out were really just inherent in the previous DR103 profiles. So I'm happy to say that the engagement is over, I'm finally married to my KPA. Clips to come soon.

• You don't need to have much experience. Just go to a good guitar shop and play as much Les Pauls as you can. You will eventually spot the differences

Make sure all the 25 that you play are setup identically, because if they're not you'll end up choosing the one with the best setup for your playing style.

With guitarists, 80% is psychological, 20% is reality.

• not exactly with Anderson's guitars ...
    there is 100% of perfected reality !
    there are 4 brand new TAG's at TOM's at the moment ...SA guitar public should go there and by some top of the top premium boutique guitars, instead of to torture them selves with some rubbish things with legendary names on headstocks....OPS ! :whistling:

:P

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I spent a couple of hours last night redoing my Floyd rigs using the Gilmour profiles. While I've always preferred my KPA to my RP355 tonewise, before tonight I would've been ok going back to my RP355 without too much heartache. But now that I've experienced (virtually) playing through DG's actual amp, I don't think I can ever go back. Little nuances that I've been trying to capture with deep dive parameters, like the spitty, spongy sound of the amp being pounded by a Fuzz Face, now appear effortlessly. What I thought were shortcoming inherent in the KPA it turns out were really just inherent in the previous DR103 profiles. So I'm happy to say that the engagement is over, I'm finally married to my KPA. Clips to come soon.

I hope these rig's make it to TAF site for download Too...... :D

• Andy just an idea for you - I have been trying out various amps to go with some Rory Gallagher tracks so bassman and vox have been high on the agenda so far. I was looking up online and came across the http://www.rorygallagher.com/ official site. I know that his brother Donal has preserved all Rory's amps - how about a Rory Gallagher artist pack? just a thought.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• +1 ;)

That's the plan!

Hey Andy, one question: in the pics you posted on FB, I see red and white marks on the face of the amp. Any idea what those marks signify (particular songs/albums) and did you profile those particular settings? Which are which?

[Blocked Image: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/544440_331822416934647_1606879611_n.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/485333_331822456934643_624572037_n.jpg]

• I didn't add those lines, not sure who did it, or how long they been there... but they must have been important, as it was a perma marker,
    And I did try those settings, with a strat seemed to work OK, so I did profile it like that in one of the profiles you have (cant rem which)
    I was curios too :)

• Wow, the Gilmour HiWatt amp Andy profiled is up for sale at ebay.
    It's not just a similar amp, it's THE actual amp we can enjoy for roughly US$ 10 instead of US$ 50,000.
    Don't ask me how this amp went from Gilmour to Andy to Austin/Texas to ebay.
    But if you compare the images, you can clearly see that it's the Gilmour HiWatt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIWATT…ETE-CORNISH-/151127980237

And if you watch thefirst or the last image (with Echorec, HiWatt and WEM) you will see that the original marks seem to be gone now. Someone was smart enough to clean the front panel from David's marked settings? ;(