Profiling without cab

• So ive now spent the whole day testing the kemper and its great so far. But one thing isnt great. Turning off the Cab dont sound right and 100% real - even not 70% :D. So i want to profile just the amphead - i think this will work fine BUT. The kemper dont recognize that there is no cab and so you can't change it ("add one") without affecting the real sound of the amp. a option to tell kemper that the cab should be off as standard when profiling a head would be very cool.

hope you understand what i mean.

• So ive now spent the whole day testing the kemper and its great so far. But one thing isnt great. Turning off the Cab dont sound right and 100% real - even not 70% :D. So i want to profile just the amphead - i think this will work fine BUT. The kemper dont recognize that there is no cab and so you can't change it ("add one") without affecting the real sound of the amp. a option to tell kemper that the cab should be off as standard when profiling a head would be very cool.

hope you understand what i mean.

What is your target? Switch off the cab and play through real power amp and cab or swap the cab with the ones in the Kemper? In the first case make a DI profile and DO NOT switch the cab off, for the latter profile it WITH the cab and swap it afterward.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• What is your target? Switch off the cab and play through real power amp and cab or swap the cab with the ones in the Kemper? In the first case make a DI profile and DO NOT switch the cab off, for the latter profile it WITH the cab and swap it afterward.

My target is to play the kemper live over a cab and go into the Pa with the cab simulation.

I think if this "profiling without cab" feature would be there the kemper would be perfect. It would be the best of two worlds.

-> does the cab off function works for you guys accurate?

saw some videos in youtube too with comparison DI amp profile vs cab off amp profile through a cab and there where BIG!!! differences .. and after a day testing it i think those differences are there yes!. Would the feature be such a big thing?

I mean if i just profile a amplifier i dont want kemper to think its a full stack ... thats not perfect in my eyes

• Using Monitor Out with cab off you engage the CabDriver that retains a part of the cab from the profile. I normally play FRFR on stage, but a couple of times I've used the FX return of a real amp and after a couple of minor adjustments to the Monitor eq it was sounding glorious. Exactly as playing the original cab? No. Sounding like a very good tube amp? Definitely yes.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Using Monitor Out with cab off you engage the CabDriver that retains a part of the cab from the profile. I normally play FRFR on stage, but a couple of times I've used the FX return of a real amp and after a couple of minor adjustments to the Monitor eq it was sounding glorious. Exactly as playing the original cab? No. Sounding like a very good tube amp? Definitely yes.

Thanks for your reply! Im sure there are ways to make this sound good but dont you think my idea would be better - than it would sound like the real amp or do i miss something?

/edit have to try that with monitor out. maybe its good enough for me :D

Edited 2 times, last by Nacht ().

• So i just tested something. Did 4 miced profiles of an engl invader. everytime same settings but the mic in a other position. Now when i play my kemper without cab over the fx return of another amp every of the 4 profiles sounds completly different. oO.... i took the monitor output

• The only question for me is whether they sound good or not, the rest is only academic discussion.
    As already stated, the cab driver preserves a portion of the cab/mic part in order to preserve the difference between different profiles. Is the way that is done

• The only question for me is whether they sound good or not, the rest is only academic discussion.
    As already stated, the cab driver preserves a portion of the cab/mic part in order to preserve the difference between different profiles. Is the way that is done

Hm i dont know if i can agree because kemper advertise with that function. Sure youre right the only real important thing is that it sounds good but i mean i want to get that what i paid for and i paid for an amp that exactly copys other amps. Kemper is great so far and ill sure keep it but somehow i feel betrayd by the adds and reviews - know what i mean?

• So i just tested something. Did 4 miced profiles of an engl invader. everytime same settings but the mic in a other position. Now when i play my kemper without cab over the fx return of another amp every of the 4 profiles sounds completly different.

Yeah, that's how it is supposed to be. Mic positions are a giant equalizer so what do you expect to happen? I would be very disappointed if the Kemper would NOT capture those differences.

• There is another thread in the forum about amp/cab separation with some statement from CK himself. A good read.