Adam F series monitors

• Anybody looking for a new pair of monitors that dont break the bank might want to try these. Come in a 5 and 7 inch model and optional sub. The F5 is about £330 for the pair! Great price for Adam monitors, obviously far eastern made but the SOS rview finished with saying they are best in class and not that far from its bigger brother. With those a7x being considerably more expensive i just thought id bring it up as an option

http://www.dv247.com/studio-eq…dio-monitor-single--96248

Anybody using these already?? Thoughts??

• when it comes to monitors, reviews and opinions hardly matter.

all you can do is listen, listen, listen to as many models as possible.

here's one thought, tho:
    everything you do musically will most likely go through your monitors. everything for hopefully many years.
    is this really the place to forgo the last 5-10% to save a few bucks?

• True, i always prefer to go for the better option but i just thought considering these were half the price of the A7x and other various like minded monitors for the home studio, they were worth a look. My understanding is they arent half the product.

Im looking to build a new home studio. I need to sell my macbook and apogee one and buy a new iMac which is £1768 plus some monitors and decent interface for recording the kemper. Im not sure how best to balance. Which items take priority. I couldnt afford to pick up the apogee duet and some A7x as well. I could pick up the duet and F5's though.

But your right. I just wanna get started, making some more recordings and doing some top quality video's. I should probably get the good monitors and the imac and hold out on a good interface for the moment.

• Slightly OT, a rule of thumb which was very popular in the last decades in the Hi-Fi world wants you to spend for cabs 50% of the budget.
    I believe we're not far from this; guitarists aiming at digital devices should IMO get rid of their old habit and switch paradigm: connecting a KPA or an Axe-Fx to a 3,000 $ couple of monitors can change forever the way one looks at digital sound generation.
    Since very few people can afford this cost, I believe that the 50-50 rule can take us very close to the best balanced sound system.

• Good hunting! I'd also advise you to listen to some high-quality monitors even tho you can't afford them. Tale your KPA to some professional audio store.
    For your aim to be right, you should IMO be aware of where the target is, even tho you can't reach it at the moment. Having a good (sane) sound in your mind will help you balance the compromises :)

• Good hunting! I'd also advise you to listen to some high-quality monitors even tho you can't afford them. Tale your KPA to some professional audio store.
    For your aim to be right, you should IMO be aware of where the target is, even tho you can't reach it at the moment. Having a good (sane) sound in your mind will help you balance the compromises :)

good advice.

• will do thanks. Luckily i have a really good digital store nearby. They have a wide range of speakers set up in a room from budget to high end. Im going to bring my ipod with some wavs on and also my KPA and hopefully i will have a clear winner within my £700 - £800 budget. Im going to try and ignore what im listening to and chose purely on sound. Sometimes its easy to think things sound better if you know they are more expensive.

• Remember to check for fair comparisons: different placements (specially with respect to walls, shelves, corners, ground...) or different (or incorrect) DSP settings may make a cab sound profoundly differently than it could.

Also check for any Eq corrections many cabs may have engaged. :)