My favourite Marshall Profiles...new link, 206 rigs.

• Would there be any chance of making the altered versions available from your site??

I don't think that's a good idea at all, and not necessary.
    Pete's Profiles are all excellent as is, he knows his amps back to front and his Profiles truthfully represent what his amps sound like when mic'd.
    Listen to his clips, pretty much the best Kemper clips you'll hear, and a real pro guitarist with skills I can only dream of.
    I encourage members to donate on Pete's site, it's a great Kemper website, one we should encourage to grow in the future.

Besides, my tweaks are really basic...every Kemper owner can apply the same tweaks, no special 'lessons' required.

Being a Marshall fan, from day one about 16 months ago I started collecting, tweaking and saving Marshall Profiles, that's how I landed up with more than 150 of them.
    If another Kemper user likes 5 of the 150 and saves them as favourites, I've done good.

• I'm going to go seriously back and try them again.

When I first downloaded and tried them, I deleted them all. Maybe I'm spoiled by Andy44?
    It could be I had similar tones and thought I didn't need the redundancy. I don't remember now.

But I'll go back, grab my Gibson 57 Buckers and give it another go. I know more about the KPA now and can play around and see if it was something getting in the way.

But I'd like to try your tweaks just to see if they do make a difference. I guess we'll never know...

• But I'd like to try your tweaks just to see if they do make a difference. I guess we'll never know...

Well, once you try them you will know. :)

Here's the link to the NEW folder...206 of them, a collection starting 3 months before the Kempers release up until now.
    After reviewing and checking them all, and deleting the excess, I reckon you'll find about 60 gems.

Like I said previously, don't thank me, thank all the guys that made the Profiles.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55111…1958-02-03%2015-52-38.zip

• Did you steal a special Delorean?

all the files have been modified between 4th and 6th of february 2086?????? 8o

I didn't want to say anything but now that the secret is out, I guess I'll have to come clean.
    I'm from the future...I'm a Kemper Beta Tester testing the V22 Kemper model.
    CK kept his promise, the 2086 KPA V22 sounds exactly the same as the 2013 "Toaster", that's why my V22 Profiles still work. :D

I have no clue how the 2086 thing happened. ?(

• Made a reset too much and not set time/date after it? System menu, page 1, 4th soft button. ;)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I meant 3rd soft button, if you make a System reset you need to re-enter the username as well, with the startup dialog is quicker. ;):D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• My GUARANTEED INSTRUCTIONS for getting this sound:

Grab an all mahogany glued in neck 24.75" scale guitar, with two humbucking pickups in the 6k to 7k range.

Pick one of the relatively cranked plexi profiles.

if getting close, but not quite right, Tills cabs to the rescue!

Add a fair amount of "room" reverb

When you like what you are hearing POST your new candidate for Guitartone's #207 on the RIG EXCHANGE (LOL)

Last, but not least:
    Play just like that :)

• Of the 57 rigs on your zip, I pared down to 19 keepers (I have other Marshalls from commercial buys)

I'd keep more, but you gotta draw a line somewhere on your rig management.

Much Obliged! Well Done, Sir!

• I edited one of And44's free profiles to make "paults Plexi 67 A Go" (posted on the exchange). I used an old LP Custom, but it would be pretty similar with an SG. Although I already darkened the tone, roll your tone controls back a little, and use your volume knob to control the amount of gain.

This just keeps getting better. Not only do we get to play thru some of the best amps in the bleedin world but we have guys like Paul on the forum who spends the time to dial in a 67 Plexi that pretty much nails Claptons sound at the Whiskey. I'm stunned.
    Thanks Paul and thanks Andy.

• You're welcome! It was not an entirely selfless act - I'm happy to have that sound now, too :)

I included some of the low-fi nastiness inherent in the recording when I played around with it. You may want it to be less distant and maybe brighter to use it live. As is, it records pretty well - I used it for a groove oriented blues rock track, and it worked in a good retro/modern way.