Question for those with MIDI switching delay...

• Just out of curiosity, which output are you guys using? I almost never use the main outs, just the monitor out, and have had the annoying MIDI latency issue from day one.

• Just out of curiosity, which output are you guys using? I almost never use the main outs, just the monitor out, and have had the annoying MIDI latency issue from day one.

I use main, monitor, and headphone outs depending on the situation. But physical output should have no bearing on switching latency.

• BTW, tried disabling autoload last night and switching rigs and my initial perception was that it might have been a hair slower but I think my mind was playing tricks on me. Certainly nothing near the 1/2 second some users have reported, still switching faster than I could get my foot off the switch. Something to note on my system though that I never thought about before. I only have MIDI assignments for 10 rigs. Maybe that's part of the key to faster switching?

• I only have MIDI assignments for 10 rigs. Maybe that's part of the key to faster switching?

I did an open air show with a cover band, last sommer, using kind of Performance Mode setup: all sounds in sequence assigned to different Program Changes = 87 Assignments and I've felt no difference

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Deny,
    Do you have autoload enabled?

Deny,
    Do you have autoload enabled?

You mean when using the browse knob? No I don't.

BTW, tried disabling autoload last night and switching rigs and my initial perception was that it might have been a hair slower but I think my mind was playing tricks on me. Certainly nothing near the 1/2 second some users have reported, still switching faster than I could get my foot off the switch. Something to note on my system though that I never thought about before. I only have MIDI assignments for 10 rigs. Maybe that's part of the key to faster switching?

I have less than 10 and still have the switching lag. Is it possible for you guys who don't have it to record a video changing from clean to dirty back and forth a few times at a volume that allows for the footswitch click to be heard also? I'm suspecting the switching time might be the same for all of us, but disturbs some of us more than others.

• my switching time is undeliverable slow, I´m trying to get use to push the midi controller (HD500 FS-50) before i need the switch. :cursing:
    the strange thing is that i do not feel there are any problems when switching manual on the kemper left/right button.

I have never had any switching issue with other midi gear that i have had ?(

hopefully we can have a solution soon :P

• You mean when using the browse knob? No I don't.

I have less than 10 and still have the switching lag. Is it possible for you guys who don't have it to record a video changing from clean to dirty back and forth a few times at a volume that allows for the footswitch click to be heard also? I'm suspecting the switching time might be the same for all of us, but disturbs some of us more than others.

There's no footswitch click with the FCB1010. However, here's a clip regarding a different issue a user is experiencing and you can here the click and how fast the effects loop is engaging. This is how quickly my unit switches patches.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE025-fhGSY

• Midi switching is working good for me. I tried with autoload on and off, same result.

I didn't look but is there any midi settings in the maintenance settings?

Edit: Just looked nothing there.

• I've noticed some latency after the first program change only (autoload engaged on the Kemper). On subsequent patch changes there is no discernible delay.
    I wonder if the delay time is related to the number of rigs in memory? (I have about 800).

• I've noticed some latency after the first program change only (autoload engaged on the Kemper). On subsequent patch changes there is no discernible delay.
    I wonder if the delay time is related to the number of rigs in memory? (I have about 800).

This happens for me too using my HD500 for MIDI changes. The first program change after booting up is extremely slow, if every patch change was like that it would be unusable. But after the initial change, all subsequent changes are normal speed. (~700 profiles)