Hello to you all from an old fart

• Welcome Thom :)
    I am in your age so I guess i am a youngster to :)
    Jag har haft min "Toaster" i ett år nu och det är julafton varje gång man spelar med den.
    Bor i Torsby i Norra Värmland och här finns det en hel del Rockabilly dock är jag lite mer av en hårdrockare så några specifika Rockabilly ljud har jag tyvärr inte.
    Men det finns mycket smått och gott i ljudväg att hitta på Rig Exchange.
    Lycka till :)

// Björn

Sorry guys for mostly Swedish in this Reply

• Btw, I'm looking for a rockabilly kind of amp/rig/sound as I'm doing a guitar overdub for a songwriting friend.

I think you might like my JTM30Clean rig (available on the exchange). With a tele it might get there. Maybe add some slapback delay ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Today I was fiddling around with it and mumbeled "my preciousssss.." and suddenly felt the urge to
    lock it away in the nearby closet and put a padlock on ;(

One rig to rule them all!
    [Blocked Image: http://www.audiosemantics.de/FORUMS/Smeagol.jpg]

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I highly recomend Andy's Vintage and Rare pack, as it has plenty o 50's amps in there. In the meantime try the Kay 703 from 1962, it'll get you in the ballpark.
    If you're using a Tele try the Zo Di Yak.

• Btw, I'm looking for a rockabilly kind of amp/rig/sound as I'm doing a guitar overdub for a songwriting friend.
    N00b quiestion - Is there a section on the forum where I can search for specifics ?
    Thanks again!

Ah Yesssss, the question of good rigses ...

AFAIK there is no dedicated corner here in the forum where people can describe rigses that they uploads. So it is a bit spread all over. Descriptions and sorting possibilities in the Rig Exchange section of the main Kemper website are a bit poor - to say the least.

I stopped hunting and collecting rigs, when I found out that the best rig is the one that you profile from your own personal amp set up the way you like it and miced the way you like it. Then you feel immediately at home when you play the profile in the Kemper. And also it is much less work than collecting, installing and testing hundreds of different rigs that might be perfect for others but just don't meet your taste.

I don't play rockabilly but for a while I was quite happy with Armin's 59 Bassman.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.