again or if I set the exp pdl on CC11 again. CC11 is the default setup
    for the exp pdl on GR-55. Seams like a bug in GR-55, so I was hoping I
    can change the midi in Kemper. It seams like they bout have the same
    internal midi system and are occupied, when I try to change them. How
    can I make them work together?

• I find out right now that GR-55 is fine and Kemper is fine, Its just me. :S
    But Kemper should have an effectloop where you can choose where you
    want the external effect chain to be. I got this problem because I have
    GR-55 in the loop chain on X in Kemper.And the master volum is post.
    Should be an option where to put the loop, because now the loop is
    before the chorus, delay and reverb and master volum. So now i got all
    this guitar effects coloring whatever I have in the loop. Im familiar to
    line6 pood xt pro, and things like this is no problem there.

• I cannot see a problem here, having the loop after all effects would not change the sound too much.

• Hi Ckemper!
    A friend in the forum, Vablows told me I can use the aux in for the
    GR-55, this way its no coloring from the effects . Dont think I need the effect loop chain option
    anymore.But is it possible to have an extra effect input for this feature? Could maby use the s/pdif plugg as input and have a option to be spdif or analog. This way I could have GR-55 plugged in there, and having the input for loop for other effects, like harmonizer?

• Strengdel,

The Return Input and Alternate Input are routed post effects and direct to Master when the Aux Input volume is greater than 0. The same inputs are routed to ABCD or X slots if stereo loop is engaged. When stereo loop is engaged, the Aux Input is defeated. This allows you to route the loop per rig however you like and default back to Aux Input when no loop is setup. You can "turn off" the GR55 by engaging the stereo loop and setting the loop volume to 0.

I have a GR55 and found the Guitar Out jack to be too noise for high gain use to the KPA guitar input. I have a true bypass mod I made to get the mag pup pin 7 signal output to an added output jack which is much quite. It worked well but I decided to go back to my VG99 for my needs.

bd

• I see, cool! I think for my needs I still use the aux in for GR-55 its adding the delay and reverb if I use the loop plugg. And I use my guitar straight in to Kemper input. I been always using an analog volum pedal, and turning down the analog volum pedal on the hi gain chanel,works pretty well, but you get a lot off noise. I been trying different noisgate to see whats best, but the noise is coloring the sound when i try it to be clean. To day i found out that using an exp pdl and assign it to gain knob cc72 sounds realy good,Kemper clean up my higain profile beautifully, unbelible any tub amp cant do this (well you need a tube amp in midi like triaxis and a effecprosessor, compressor, pick, clarity, tubeshape,tubebias or just by a Kemper):) So the purpose is that I dont need to change presets when I play live. Got all I need in one profile. But its one thing, I can not get the gain to be cero. I still hear my guitar when i turn the gain knob all the way to left ,but nice and clean. Howe chould I do this? Is it any way i can assign this in midi? maby on one exp pdl to be totaly silent? I mean, to send more than one midi message on one exp pdl? I build my own guitar and I dont use an volum knob on my guitar at all. :)

Edited 16 times, last by strengdal ().

• Ok now i get it, if I have the exp pdl pluged in to the pre stomps, maybe it should be the same as using the exp pdl cc72 for gain? But the gain light is not visualized, but I think it do the same purpouse and it goes all the way back to silent. What midi cc is this?

Edited 2 times, last by strengdal ().

• Cant get it right, iff I have exp pdl on pre stomp it also send midi message to the other volum exp pdl I have on cc7 I use for master volum,and they both become pre stomp gain. The pedal is not feeling smooth, as it does when I have it on CC72.

• Ok from the beginning: you have 2 expression pedals, one controls the volume (Press Rig and scroll the menu to find the option to assign the position of the volume in the signal chain) and is #CC7, the other one contols the pedal stomps (all the Wha's and the pedal booster, that works like the gain) and is #CC1.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Ok, then plug the standalone one in pedal 1 for volume or pedal 2 for the pedal booster, then go to the system menu, select the proper pedal input, assign the type (try it, there are only 2 options) and the the function (wha) and press "init pedal". The rest of the parameter are in the menu from the pedal booster (I suggest "bypass@heel").

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• It did not work for me, her is the only setup that works for me: In Kemper go to system, pedals and pedal2 expr.type1 volume. Go to Rig and volume pedal settings, location and post effect. Then I have the other exp pedal that is GR-55 to be cc72. Then I have gain on gr-55 and master volum on the other pedal. But the gain is not going all the way down to silent. The cc1 is not working, if I have it on cc7, the two pedals become the same even if I change the location.

Edited 4 times, last by strengdal ().

• That is: pedal 2, type 1, WHA (not volume) then put a pedal booster before the stack. This way you'll control the gain. Then set the normal volume AFTER the stack to control the volume and control it with #CC7.
    Just to clarify: you cannot have 2 volume pedals in the signal chain, only 1.

• Thanks a lot! I got it now, I didnt know about the wha pedal boost plug:) but I wish it was smooder, its like the gain start from 0 to 99 all in the beginning off the pedal.any way to calibrate it?