Additional Midi CC#s

• I am not sure if this is possible but.....

The way the midi control changes are set at the moment means that you can assign a button (for example '1') on your foot controller to control for example stomp A. Lets assume that stomp A is set on a patch as the distortion. Now I go to another patch and press '1' and it activates the compressor because different effects can be added to each of the 4 stomp pedals. This is not very useful in a live situation as it means you have to know and remember during a song your signals change for each preset so that you you don't for example turn the distortion pedal on instead of a tremelo.

it would be very useful if each individual effect could be designated its own CC#, so that their position on the midi controller will remain fixed.

Hope this makes sense.

• Hmmm, I think I see what you saying - good question.

So for example, I press my distortion button how does then Kemper know which stomp that is designated to?

I do not know how all this stuff works, but my thought process was that you can only have 1 effect active in each slot, therefore if I pressed a footswitch on an active effect it would turn it on/off in which ever stomp location it had been designated to on that rig. If you pressed a switch for a effect what was not active for that rig there would simply be no effect on/off. Again I don't know, just seems to be a pain to have to remember the signal chain, although I do take your point about defining a standard order.

• This ^ :thumbup:

I understand this, the point is what IS the purpose of have a variable effects chain sequence if the practicality is that you have to always maintain the same sequence? It is not an uncommon feature to be able to designate a particular effect to a specific midi controller location. This allows you to label each of your midi pedals with the relevant effect type which can prove exceptionally useful when played live and prevents you from (for example) activating a distortion because on the previous track that switch was the Wah pedal.

• I don't think there's any other practical way to do this. There are too many varieties of stomps and effects to have each one assigned to a pedal on the MIDI controller.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I agree with Zappledan...too many effects for each to have a CC. Line6 uses a similar approach with slots for Distortion, Modulation, Delay, and Reverb (been a while, something along those lines). If you have a need for multiple or vastly different amp, effects and routing in a single song, making a rig per sound and switching rigs is a good approach. I have my Fav 5 rigs with common Favor 4 effects as my basic sound and specific rigs for anything that can't be covered by my Fav 5.

bd

• I use a similar approach, but am still refining it. The bottom 5 switches are for my top 5 rigs. The top 5 (left to right) are for the two rightmost stomps, followed by the X and MOD effects, with the rightmost switch for the tuner. On the lunchbox, that leaves the two leftmost stomps uncontrolled, so I use the first position for either the compressor (clean rigs) or noise gate (high gain rigs), and the second position for a Wah (set on with Bypass@Stop). So I have one of the pedals go to the Wah and the other for Volume. So far, this is working pretty well for me. I try to maintain consistency with the order of what's assigned to those 4 stomp/effects switches.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I also have my Top 5 in the bottom row, in the upper row is Boost, Distortion, Loudness Boost (post amp), tremolo and Vibrato.
    I have wah on Pedal 1 and delay mix on pedal 2.
    I trigger Tap with my rig switch 2 consecutive switches on my FCB switch = tap.
    Only tuning I do manually.