Eminence 'Swamp Thang' speaker: (Patriot line)

• Eminence's 'Swamp Thang' guitar speaker: I highly recommend this speaker to anyone who wants to boost the level and low end of their 1x12 combo or enclosure without moving up to a larger rig. This speaker is amazingly efficient, and does not crap out when the low end is pushed hard and loud! It comes in either 8 or 16 ohms, and is rated at 150 watts. Although mine are not fully broken in, I can already hear a huge difference from the quality speakers they've replaced (Celestion, Fender, EV). If you've ever wanted your open back amp/cab to have the fatter low end of a closed back setup, this seems to be the best option ever made available, Imho...

~Radley~

All modelers known to man 8o

Edited once, last by Radley ().

• Eminence's 'Swamp Thang' guitar speaker: I highly recommend this speaker to anyone who wants to boost the level and low end of their 1x12 combo or enclosure without moving up to a larger rig. This speaker is amazingly efficient, and does not crap out when the low end is pushed hard and loud! It comes in either 8 or 16 ohms, and is rated at 150 watts. Although mine are not fully broken in, I can already hear a huge difference from the quality speakers they've replaced (Celestion, Fender, EV). If you've ever wanted your open back amp/cab to have the fatter low end of a closed back setup, this seems to be the best option ever made available, Imho...

~Radley~

Interesting, with 59 oz Magnet weight it doesn't seem to be to heavy as well.
    How is the highend with them?

• Doc - I find the high end to be plenty, but then again I don't use a very pointed high-end response. I'm more into the beefy side of things, and I believe I'm running both treble and bass settings lower with these speakers...

• My reasoning goes like this: What are the frequencies most difficult for guitar amps to reproduce? Low frequencies, and then High frequencies - if we have a speaker that can more efficiently reproduce these frequencies, this makes the amp's job easier with less 'farting out' on the low end, and less treble 'spitting' on the high end (a very edgy, harsh sounding distortion caused by pushing too much high end through a tube amp - it's awful!). This is why the Swamp Thang is such a cool solution for me...